Babies: 6 - 9 Months

XP: Lots of Solids ?s- moving to stage 2 and adding 2nd meal

DS has been on solids for 3 1/2 weeks now. Since we started at 6 months, he seems like quite a pro already. We are almost keeping the bib clean and he hasn't refused any food or reacted to any. We are using organic.

I notice that different stores have different flavors of the same types of food. I shop Walmart, Target, and Kroger. There are BRU and BBB within driving distance too. Where do you get your baby food? The best price seems Walmart, but they don't have a lot of variety. Where can you find sprout?

So far we've tried:

Earth's Best:  Sweet Potatoes, Squash, Carrots, Peas, Pears

Ella's Kitchen: Carrots/Apples/Parsnips, Spinach/Apple/Rutabaga

We've had each flavor once. I think I am forgetting one. Should I rotate them again or move on? Search around for more stage 1 flavors or move on to the available stage 2 flavors? I have seen stage 2 with berries, but I thought no berries until after 1 year?

After his 2nd bottle today (8oz), he was crying like he was still hungry. I think I read when they eat 2oz of food they are ready for a second meal? He definitely ate more than 2oz the last two days, so I gave him some Pears. Should I start second meal regularly now? Where to fit it? I have been doing his daily meal between bottle 3 & 4.

Thanks

Re: XP: Lots of Solids ?s- moving to stage 2 and adding 2nd meal

• Wow. You're doing a good job but cut yourself some slack. You are in too deep!

First, Berries are fine, avoid strawberries if an immediate family member has an allergy as it's a common allergen. I've never heard of anyone being allergic to a blueberry however.  My son is allergic to tons of foods, my daughter (so far) is allergic to nothing.  Read this for a complete list: https://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/forbiddenbabyfood.htm.

I buy all organic foods, earth's best or plum. I don't pay much attention to price but I buy mine wherever: Whole Foods, BRU, amazon, target, diapers.com. 

Yes, start a second meal. Fit it in where you want. We feed our 7 month old a meal at breakfast time and one at dinner time. She does still breastfeed every 3 hours and has a finger foods snack at lunch (obviously whatever she can shovel in on her own she gets; we keep giving her more until she loses interest).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Making your own is so easy.  I spent probably about $40 at the store and cooked for a couple hours but have enough food to last a month!
    image. image. image.
  • Loading the player...
  • i totally agree. I have a baby bullet nd i love it. i but organic produce and then boil it and freeze it in ice cube trays. I just pop it out each day. its soo easy that way for the sitter as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"