Postpartum Depression
Options

(Untitled)

Mom to Emma, Noah, Isaac, Asa, Asher, Jonah and expecting baby Alice 7/16

Re: (Untitled)

• Options
    imagewheelsonthebus:
    imageArdmhs83:

Wow!  I'm really glad Asher is perfectly healthy now!  I struggle really bad with anxiety myself, so I know how you feel.  I was/am the paranoid momma who always assumes the worse and it gets the best of me ALL the time!  I try to be super mom and do it all, but I just can't.  I was also diagnosed at 7 months PP with PPD/PPA and have been taking meds ever since.  My worst symptoms was severe insomnia.  I couldn't sleep b/c of my anxiety and panick attacks.  I also still get really down on myself b/c I wanted to nurse my son into toddlerhood and stopped at 9 months b/c I was nervous about my meds going into his system.  Even though my pedi approved the meds.  My head still assumed the worse.  I still get depressed about quitting. 

My son is 2 now and my DH and I still sleep in separate beds b/c I get anxiety about my son waking me up thru the monitor at night and not being able to fall back to sleep.  I want soooo badly to get back to normal and sleep next to my husband again, but not ready to give up the video monitor that my DH has with him in the spare bedroom. 

I see a therapist and a psyciatrist and both have helped me a lot, so I hope you get the help you need! 

Nice to meet you too... 

I hear you. The insomnia is the WORST. My H slept on the couch for my entire pregnancy because of this. I'm having  alot of trouble again and I get SO MAD when my H wakes me up.

Aww...I hope things get better for you soon as well!!

PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"