June 2011 Moms
Options

(Untitled)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: (Untitled)

• Options
    Caroline is like this. She is attached to me for the bulk of the day her choice, not mine. My husband definitely feels like she hates him which I feel terrible about.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagekas80:
    Caroline is like this. She is attached to me for the bulk of the day her choice, not mine. My husband definitely feels like she hates him which I feel terrible about.

Today, she was totally bipolar - but I blame a lot of that on the fact that she woke up in the middle of the night and took for ever to go back to sleep.  I ran to get lunch for DH and I, came back and she was napping on his lap which I figured would be the case.  I went to go transfer her into her crib and she woke up and was not happy, she went in the play yard with a sippy of milk which calmed her for a little bit until we finished eating... but she went into full melt down mode.  DH grabbed her out of there and held her while I finished eating and she just escalated.  She was beside herself.  I finished, took her and she instantly calmed.  That really hurt DH's feelings...he actually had tears in his eyes.  I finally did get her to go down for a nap...and that lasted nearly 3 hours - she and DH both.  I went to the gym and when I returned, they had both just woken up and she was much better.  But still...this happens frequently with everyone.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have to say I think it's a "girl" thing.  My girls have gotten better, but even to this day if I sit down they want to be on top of me (they are 2 1/2 and almost 4).  They do play interdependently but mostly if I'm not in the room.  They boys on the other hand (even DS3) will come give me a hug and then go back to what they are doing.  DS3 will walk over to me every now and then grab my leg and then leave (as just to make sure that it's me there, not an apparition), but the girls are very much closer (in proximity) to me than the boys.  Maybe that's why they are more nurturing when they grow up?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"