January 2012 Moms
Options

Come on teeth!!!!!

DD must be teething. She's drooling, when she has her nuk in the entire cirlce of her mouth where the nuk is is WET.

She's been really crabby, won't sleep, no matter what you do is not right (unless you let her sleep in your bed Hmm )and now this morning she won't eat! She has her happy moments and loves to play and roll around, but then all of a sudden (especially at night time) we are crab-central.

I also notice that every so often she'll tilt her head to the left or touch her ear. She does not have a temp and our pedi said that she may have an ear ache from teething pressure. So since she doesn't have a fever i'm assuming that's it.

I tried looking at her gums and feel around but she woulnd't let me.

This is teething isn't it? She's a little over 7 months and hasn't cut a single tooth yet so I think it's time.... I just need those teeth to poke through and give her (and mama) a little rest PLEASETHANKYOU

Anybody else notice similar things with teething babies??

OH and we are of course watching her and if she's having enough wet diapers since she's not into eating right now.. Should she not eat in an hour or so, we'll try tylenol and see if that makes a difference.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Come on teeth!!!!!

• Options
    Sound like it to me!  The good thing is, once they cut through she'll be a whole new baby, such a relief!  Declan won't let me look in his mouth either, just screams.  The weird thing is, he cut his two bottom front teeth a month ago, and now his top eye teeth... he looks like a vampire!  Since his top eye teeth came in he want's nothing to do with a soother anymore.  WHen I put it in his mouth, he takes it out and hucks it at me.  
    DSC_0637DSC_0742 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Our kiddo wasn't too bad, a few rough nights with the first tooth a few weeks ago but another sprouted and we didn't even notice until she smiled and it was smack next to #1. HAHAHA, she was crazy drooling and just eager to bite things and still is, not much for whining, just extremely restless. She's slept with us alot lately but I'm wondering if that is a growth spurt since shes not fussy or sensitive with her teeth anymore. She doesn't mind her crib normally and is typically a good sleeper, ah well. They always have a way to keep you on your toes!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Ok, yeah, reading this I'm convinced it's her teeth. She is very restless. And even if very tired she'll wake up and wonder around her crib. I even had to pick her up yesterday and let her roll around for another half hour before she was ready to chill...

I'm just so afraid that her sleeping habits will go back to her old ways.. We did sleep training and it worked like charm. And she only cried for a little bit the first night. I'm so terrified that we'll have to repeat the training and that it will be much harder this time with her being older and in age where separation anxiety may kick in and stir things up...

I hope it's just a phase and once she cuts the tooth and is not in pain anymore that she'll just go back to being happy and sleeping...

• Options
    Two months ago I bought DD into the pediatrician because I thought she had an ear infection (she was tugging on her ears).  The dr. told me then that she was teething and that her top front teeth were coming in.  In the last two months she's drooled a lot and occasionally tugged at her ears, but no other signs of teething.  This Tuesday DD was a bear for about 4 hours.  Yesterday she cut her first tooth, on the bottom.  I'm not sure if what's normal/common, but I feel like we lucked out.  Only drool and 4 hours of crabbiness for teething?  Sweet.
    imageimageimage
  • Options

imagejnickers98:
    Two months ago I bought DD into the pediatrician because I thought she had an ear infection (she was tugging on her ears).  The dr. told me then that she was teething and that her top front teeth were coming in.  In the last two months she's drooled a lot and occasionally tugged at her ears, but no other signs of teething.  This Tuesday DD was a bear for about 4 hours.  Yesterday she cut her first tooth, on the bottom.  I'm not sure if what's normal/common, but I feel like we lucked out.  Only drool and 4 hours of crabbiness for teething?  Sweet.

You lucky duck!! And how cute does she look now with the little shark tooth out?? :)

• Options
    DS has had a pretty tough time for a while.  Like 2 nights ago when he couldn't go back to sleep when he woke at 4am, and today where he skipped his morning nap completely.  We can see a tiny hole in his lower gums, but no tooth yet.  I feel like the poor kid has been teething forever.
    July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
  • Options

imagenamara5532:
    DS has had a pretty tough time for a while.  Like 2 nights ago when he couldn't go back to sleep when he woke at 4am, and today where he skipped his morning nap completely.  We can see a tiny hole in his lower gums, but no tooth yet.  I feel like the poor kid has been teething forever.

I know what you mean! I swear it's been close to 3 months now that DDs gums would get puffy then go back down and so own. But this week has been really tough and she's in a lot of discomfort. So I need that sucker to poke through. She won't even let me check her gums. She's squinting and pressing her little lips together. I took her in yesterday (dumb PA was useless) and it doesn't look like she has an ear infection but she's refusing to eat. She did take 9Oz last night as she was obviously starving, then 6 this monring and now she cries as soon as she sees the bottle. She has  really hard time falling asleep at night, too. Her bedtime has been 11pm this week (after a lot of crying). The she's out cold and has multiple naps a day. She's just not herself.

Looks like your little man is close to getting his first tooth though :)

• Options
    imagebigbear:

imagejnickers98:

You lucky duck!! And how cute does she look now with the little shark tooth out?? :)

It's pretty cute.  The only way you can see it is if you can get her to laugh.  If you are trying to look in her mouth she automatically sticks out her tongue.

imageimageimage
  • Options
    My DD has been teething for about 2 months now and still hasn't cut one. She drools, chews, ear grabs, and has some pretty fussy periods. Of course it doesn't help that she's also had two ear infections.

Tonight she half nursed half cried. I ended up giving her the paci and walking around with her while singing.
    DD born January 2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"