High-Risk Pregnancy

Discrepancy in due date

So ds was born with severe IUGR, so for this pregnancy I'm on lovenox and baby aspirin. Because of that, they'll need to time when they stop them and they want to induce me a week early. The problem is that they have my due date listed as Jan. 19th, but I'm pretty certain it should be closer to the 24th. I used OPKs and preg tests to track everything, so while my cycles were 5-6 weeks, I KNOW when I ovulated. My first u/s was around 6 weeks and measured around 6 weeks, but they wanted me to come back at 8 weeks for more accurate dating. At that one, I measured 5 days ahead so they made that my due date. However, all other scans have been in sync with the date I believe to be right, yet they refuse to change it b/c of the 8 week scan! My concern is that I don't want to be induced 2 weeks early... Ds came 6 weeks early and I want this baby to stay put for as long as possible. What do you guys think???

imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Discrepancy in due date

• I would see how baby is measuring as you go forward with your pregnancy.  If baby stays mostly on track for the due date that they are giving you, I wouldn't worry about going along with their plan because it should mean that baby has "caught up" and closed that 5 day gap. 

However, if baby starts to measure a week or more behind that date in your third trimester, I would probably bring it up again.  I think they will be conscious of the growth and would hold off if they truly thought he/she wasn't measuring far enough along when the time comes, and either way you should be considered "full term," but I understand your concern given the situation with your son.

Good luck!

DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • imageAimeeL85:
    I would see how baby is measuring as you go forward with your pregnancy.nbsp; If baby stays mostly on track for the due date that they are giving you, I wouldn't worry about going along with their plan because it should mean that baby has "caught up" and closed that 5 day gap.nbsp; However, if baby starts to measure a week or more behind that date in your third trimester, I would probably bring it up again.nbsp; I think they will be conscious of the growth and would hold off if they truly thought he/she wasn't measuring far enough along when the time comes, and either way you should be considered "full term," but I understand your concern given the situation with your son.Good luck!

I agree with this. Unfortunately some Drs kind of brush off charting or any other home spun methods of knowing when you O'd. It's frustrating bc it's like they think you are not intelligent enough to be doing it right. You may have to argue your case later in the pg if it starts looking that way.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I have had the same problem...but I not only know because of charting/OPK's - I had an IUI (intra-uterine insemination)!!!!  On top of that, I was too miserable from the fertility meds to even have sex after the IUI so we know pretty much exactly when conception happened.  Still, they stuck to the date based on LMP for forever.  My OB didn't change it until just here at my last appointment now that I am 36+ weeks along and we were talking about induction dates and I was like "Look, if we are going to induce at 37 weeks, I want to make sure it is 37 FULL weeks and not 37 weeks based on this faulty date y'all keep using which is really more like 36 1/2 weeks."
    IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • imageIBackBevo:
    I have had the same problem...but I not only know because of charting/OPK's - I had an IUI (intra-uterine insemination)!!!!  On top of that, I was too miserable from the fertility meds to even have sex after the IUI so we know pretty much exactly when conception happened.  Still, they stuck to the date based on LMP for forever.  My OB didn't change it until just here at my last appointment now that I am 36+ weeks along and we were talking about induction dates and I was like "Look, if we are going to induce at 37 weeks, I want to make sure it is 37 FULL weeks and not 37 weeks based on this faulty date y'all keep using which is really more like 36 1/2 weeks."

Good to know. I bet this is the position I'll be in since they just refuse to accept the different date. Funny how they admit that their technology is typically +/- 5 days but ignore all the other reasons to change the date!

imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"