Working Moms
Options

Can I complain...about myself?!?!?!

So I try and keep myself organized and everything flowing at our house but every freaking week by thursday it all falls apart.  I walked out of the house today without my sunglasses, some pumping supplies and the dishes didn't get done last night and my house hasn't been vacuumed in way too long. 

How is it I can start of the week with these great intentions and plans and every week they fall apart?  When will I learn and figure it all out?!?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Can I complain...about myself?!?!?!

• Options

:)

hang in there!

Same thing happens for me - I have a meal plan. .. it usually lasts through Wednesday - its very rare if we have a real meal on Thursday.

Main questions - are your kids happy & healthy?  Are you somewhere in the neighborhood of sane and/or well-rested?  WIN!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Just want to say you're not alone!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel your pain! :/
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    imagejnealet:

So I try and keep myself organized and everything flowing at our house but every freaking week by thursday it all falls apart.  I walked out of the house today without my sunglasses, some pumping supplies and the dishes didn't get done last night and my house hasn't been vacuumed in way too long. 

How is it I can start of the week with these great intentions and plans and every week they fall apart?  When will I learn and figure it all out?!?

Did you have all your clothes on and no food/baby barf on them?  You are already ahead of the game.  Be easier on yourself.  If there is another adult in the house (DH, S/O) get them to help you.  You do not get medals for being supermom, just gray hair.  If you can afford it and it just makes you nuts to leave a messy house, get a cleaning person. 

• Options
    Aw, I feel you on this.  Let's just say I suspect no one ever looks at me and says, "Wow, that lady really has her sh*t together." Wink  I'm reading this book (I think someone on here recommended it) Balance is a Crock, Sleep is for the Weak and it is making me feel much better!  Hang in there and go easy on yourself. 
  • Options

Sounds like me...we're the worst.  I think we've ordered in food for the past month, because I can't go more than a day with a meal plan. 

My houekeeper comes once a month.  She was there on Tuesday and already the house seems like it's a mess :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageKathrynMD:

:)

hang in there!

Same thing happens for me - I have a meal plan. .. it usually lasts through Wednesday - its very rare if we have a real meal on Thursday.

Main questions - are your kids happy & healthy?  Are you somewhere in the neighborhood of sane and/or well-rested?  WIN!!

The kids are happy and healthy but I often wonder if I'm in the neighborhood of sane and I'm know I'm not even on the same planet of well rested.

DH does a lot to help, he's right there in the trenches with me but between pumping and nursing, I just need more time in the mornings.  And D2 isn't sleeping well, so all extra time in the morning is used up by me convincing myself that I can get through the day on little sleep.

And we did have a cleaning lady but she has a pinched nerve and can't clean anymore.  Everyone who I've interviewed is almost double the price or I'm not sure I would trust in my house.  Add to the fact that we're bleeding money with two in daycare and I can't really justify the cost of an expensive cleaning lady.  I can barely justify the cost of a cheap one.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"