May 2012 Moms

Hello Everyone.... another poo question

So im just one of those creepy lurkers who never postes and just joined to learn about my pregnancy...  Wellllll LO is going to be 4 months on the 1st... well she has her own kind of poop schedule and she goes about every other day consistently... the past two poops she has had have has black spots or stringy type something in them (kinda hard to explain)... anyways i was just wondering if anyone has experienced this before and wondering if i should be concerned... she is only EBF at the moment and has had no solids...  PLUS i haven't changed my diet and she is still her normal smiley self

(EDIT) TY all for the help!  she pooed and it was back to normal yay! I'm still going to ask about it on her 4 month well baby check just to be on the safe side...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

EDD for #2 is December 8th, 2013, so excited for our 2nd team green baby! 

Re: Hello Everyone.... another poo question

• I promise im not SPAM!!! just a concerned mommy
       EDD for #2 is December 8th, 2013, so excited for our 2nd team green baby! 

• imagetryston123:
    I promise im not SPAM!!! just a concerned mommy

Smile No signs of spam in your post!  Usually spam has a link.

Not sure about the question though... DD had a string like that two or three times but I chaulked it up to some random dirt particle on the diaper...I have no idea what it could be.

ETA and welcome to the board!

• Loading the player...
  • I haven't had the exact situation as you, but I will say that sometimes for no apparent reason LO will have a strange poop or two, but it soon goes back to business as usual. I've read that when they're young their little systems are still developing, so an anomaly now and then isn't cause for concern.

Welcome to the board! I lurked for a really long time before posting also!
  • You are not creepy! :)

Could black spots be blood?  I might call the pedi to ask about that one.  If poop is mucousy when BF I think it means a sensitivity to something in your diet.  If it goes away in the next poop and baby is happy I wouldn't worry about that.  I would ask about the black spots though.  The BFing board on here may have good answers too!

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • Did you eat broccoli?? I know both my bf boys would have stringy poop with dark green spots if I ate it.
    Other wise I'd wait and see bf babies tend to have strange poop that changes a lot.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"