Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

After D&C

Does anyone know how long after a D&C can u try again?

Also, is it normal to star feeling menstrual cramps 5 days after D&C ?

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Momma to 1 angel D&C August 2012

Re: After D&C

• Options

My doc told me we could try after the 2nd AF. So, probably 3 months.

I had HORRIBLE contraction-like cramping 5 days after my d&c. That day I passed a lot of clots that were left-over. I had cramping again a week after that, and passed ((TMI)) a lot of blood with small clots in it- and since then I've had no bleeding.

I am not sure if it is "normal", but it definitely happened to me- and it was very painful.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married since 08-06-11

BFP#1: 6-22-12. EDD: 3-4-13 MMC- 7-24-12 D&C- 8/10/12
    Partial Molar Pregnancy
  • Options

Wow,that sounds pretty painful!! I had a lot of that before my D&C with chills,vomiting,and dizziness . How are u doing now?

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Momma to 1 angel D&C August 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yeah it was! I hope you don't have to go through that! I am a lot better now, about 3 weeks from the D&C, and no symptoms of any sort (knock on wood). I hope your recovery goes well.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married since 08-06-11

BFP#1: 6-22-12. EDD: 3-4-13 MMC- 7-24-12 D&C- 8/10/12
    Partial Molar Pregnancy
  • Options
    My Dr. told me today, and at my last visit, that after the miscarriage I only have to wait one normal cycle before trying again.  Surprised me.  I might wait 2 cycles anyway.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    General guidance is 1-2 cycles but ask your doctor.  I was told 2 cycles which given first AF may take anywhere from 6-8 weeks to return and I'm irregular to begin with, it could be about 4-6 months before we should even begin to try again.  This makes me really sad.  D&C is hard on your body and it needs time to build back up the uterine lining, nutrients, etc.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageSpecialOrder2013:
    General guidance is 1-2 cycles but ask your doctor.  I was told 2 cycles which given first AF may take anywhere from 6-8 weeks to return and I'm irregular to begin with, it could be about 4-6 months before we should even begin to try again.  This makes me really sad.  D&C is hard on your body and it needs time to build back up the uterine lining, nutrients, etc.

Ditto.  My doc basically told me the exact same information.

Ectopic Pregnancy * December 2008 Miscarriage/D&C * June 29, 2012
  • Options

I was told to wait 3 normal cycles before trying again. But I have a follow up with my regular OB (she was on vacation and didnt perform the d&c) and I'm going to see what she says. 

I've had cramping on and off all since the d&c last Wednesday. So far it seems thats normal. 

imageimage
    BFP # 1- DS ~ TTC #2 since Jan. 2012 - BFP # 2 - "Baby Elsie" - Blighted Ovum - D&C August 22, 2012 at 7w3d, BFP # 3 - CP - December 30, 2012, BFP # 4 - CP - March 19, 2013 ~ First RE Appt. 4/24/13 Med cycle #1: 50mg Clomid and Trigger shot = BFN. Med. Cycle #2: 6 cysts found. No meds/rest cycle. Trying on our own = BFP # 5! Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 129 Beta #3 = 94 - CP - July 2, 2013. BFP # 6! Beta#1 = 21, Beta#2 =58 Beta#3 = 134. U/S shows heartbeat of 142 at 7w2d!
  • Options
    imagedozersmom:

Yeah it was! I hope you don't have to go through that! I am a lot better now, about 3 weeks from the D&C, and no symptoms of any sort (knock on wood). I hope your recovery goes well.

Glad to know you're feeling better!!

• Options
    The hardest part for me is waiting!! I've heard women are more fertile after a D &C & I'm scared my window of opportunity is going to pass me by.I've probably said this before but I don't what I would do without all of u to turn to.I don't feel so alone after all. My husband is amazing but it's different talking to women that are going through the same feelings mentally and physically. THANK YOU ALL!!
  • Options
    I was told to wait two cycles.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"