December 2010 Moms

A Grad School Vent...NBR

So tonight starts my fall semester at Grad School.  I am going for MS in Operations Design and Leadership.  My professor posted a group assignment Monday night that is due before 3pm today-since we are in the process of moving I didnt have email access at home and I cannot check webmail at work.  I logged into my school email yesterday morning from my phone and found the assignment.  I can access the schools blackboard page from work, so at lunch I put the presentation slides together analyzing the case study and posted for my group mates to critique and change with their inputs. 

One has been helpful and had valuable things to add.  He was apologetic about not seeing the assignment sooner-and like I was-surprised there was an assignment before class technically starts.  The other had nothing to say at all until like 10 minutes ago.  When he posts these four craptastic slides that I wouldn't accept from an 8th grader and is demanding we incorporate them in the presentation.

I was hoping grad school would weed out the underachievers and the like...guess I was wrong.

If you read this...Drinks

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: A Grad School Vent...NBR

• imagemamaholmes2010:

I was hoping grad school would weed out the underachievers and the like...guess I was wrong.

Ha! Slackers seem to make it to all levels of the business and academic worlds, don't they! Amazing!

Sorry your semester is off to a rough start. Hope it gets better from here!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Yikes!  My experience was such that while most there were very serious, a few were there just for sport.  Like not sports, just for sh!ts and giggles.  Ugh, hope it gets better!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies. It was just so frustrating for me because I was the one who had to coordinate it-while trying to work from my phone-and not getting cooperation-from people who are supposed to have a minimum of 5 years work experience-just killed me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm guessing your prof was working to do some of that weeding by requiring an assignment for the first day of class. (and I say that as someone who uses that strategy sometimes!) Hang in there, that person probably won't make it through!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"