December 2010 Moms
Options

So... I had a baby! (long)

Hey ladies!   Just wanted to let you know that I had the baby.  I've been lurking on my phone, but between a newborn and visitors and complete lack of sleep I haven't been able to get to my laptop til now.  (And I really HATE the mobile site, it's almost impossible for me to post from there!)

Anyway, Aurelie Grace joined us last Wednesday Aug 22nd at 5:23 am.  She weighed 7 lbs 10 oz and was 20 inches long, with a full head of dark hair.  I *just knew* she was a girl, but DH was thinking boy so he was pretty surprised! 

I started having contractions at 9 pm Tues, and went in to the hospital at 3am Weds morning.  When I got there I was dilated to a 4, and the nurse told us not to bother calling anyone yet since it'd be a while.  I started having major back pain and nausea, so even though I was in the Alternative Birthing Center, I asked to be transfered to regular L&D for an epidural since I'd had such long miserable back labor and vomiting w/ Liam (22 hours before I ended up w/ pit and an epi- yuck!).  I had planned on trying a natural birth this time, but when I started to feel the same as I had w/ him I freaked out a little.  The nurse gave me an IV of Zofran to help w/ the vomiting and sent the bloodwork to the lab so I could get an epi.  Meanwhile she had me labor in the whirlpool tub and shower, whatever was comfortable.  At 4:40 am she checked me again, and told me I was a 9, and we were having a baby SOON!  She told DH to call whomever he needed to call, and she called the midwife.  They weren't sure the midwife would make it, so they actually pulled in the OB resident on-call.  The midwife made it in the nick of time, 8 minutes before I delivered at 5:23am.  She was still in her jeans!  I think I pushed for about 30 minutes, and they said it would have been shorter but they had me in a position to slow things down so the midwife could get there.  Needless to say, I did NOT get an epi!  We weren't even at the hospital 2 and 1/2 hours before I had her.  Since Liam's labor was 32 and 1/2 hours start to finish, this 8 and 1/2 hours was MUCH better!

Aurelie is doing great.  She dropped a lot of weight initially (born 7.10 on Weds, down to 7.3 at pedi appt on Fri), but at her weight check yesterday she was back up to 7 lbs 11 ozs, so they're really happy about that.  She nurses great, and my milk is in with a vengeance.  The only issue was she refused to sleep at night unless she was being held, so that was hard.  We finally broke down and got a RnP on Monday, and it seems to work!  I've actually got to sleep in the bed without holding a baby the last 2 nights, so I think we're headed in the right direction. 

Thank you ladies for being here through Round 2 of the baby thing.  You're all life (and sanity!) savers.  Sorry to post n run, but she's crying again.  I'll get back on when I can!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: So... I had a baby! (long)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"