May 2012 Moms

Anyone else now intolerant to hormonal bc?

I used nuvaring for years before DD and now it seems that my body can't tolerate it. I am anxious, queasy and weak feeling. I stopped using it last night and feel better already this morning. Anyone else find that there not able to use the bc they had before baby?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone else now intolerant to hormonal bc?

• I tried to go back on the pill and it made me sick with migraines. I've stopped taking it this month and I feel a lot better. I'm really hoping this is not a new trend. I'll start again next month and see how it goes.
  • Yes. I had been on the Depo shot in high school and then was switched to Yaz right before I had my DS. (I also had been on the patch before going onto Yaz--so I've tried almost all the different types of BC except any type of implant)

I went on Yaz right after having DS, and it made my moods horrible, anxiety skyrocketed, etc. I got off it and tried the depo shot. I bled for 3 months straight, every single day until a few days after I was suppose to get the next shot.

So I refused/refuse to take any BC. We rarely have sex anyway, and hell the pull out method worked for 15 months (then we tried to get pregnant with DD) and so far it's worked the few times we've had sex. And yes...I know it's not a reliable BC method.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • That's half the reason I went with Mirena. It's the lowest dosage because it does not need to circulate through your entire body. I can tolerate some hormone, but not as well as I used to.
    For my little man...I only knew you in my heart. D&C 3/1/11 EDD 9/8/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was on the shot for 5 years before having DD. Got back on it on my 6w pp appointment. A month later (2 weeks ago) I started a light/spotty period. Sometimes I'll bleed like twice a day & that's it. Very unpredictable. But I think I'll go crazy if this lasts til October which is when my next shot is due. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"