Working Moms
Options

Adjusting to Back-to-Work

Hi All --- It's been a SUPER long time since I've been here, used to be a pretty regular poster.

I need some help on an issue --- I am recently back to working full time after being at home for 1 1/2 yrs. My dtr was previously in day care but when she was abt 18 months I got laid off & had just found out I was pg with my son, so I decided to stay home.

Now I'm back to work with a nanny at home with the two kids. At first it was fine - the nanny was fun & new, and she was happy. However, we're coming upon 7 weeks now, and things have taken a turn for the worse. She's hitting, screaming, throwing temper tantrums, pushing her brother, refusing to get dressed in the morning or brush her teeth, having potty accidents, talking back to the nanny, etc. I know she's only 3, and I knew she would have a hard time, I just didn't expect it to take this long to come on, and now I really don't know what to do. It breaks my heart to think that my absence is causing her so much pain ... Plus the nanny seems a little defeated ...

Are there any tips/tricks to helping her get through this? She starts preschool next week which will be yet another transition for her, and I worry that it's going just be icing on the cake to make everyone's day that much harder ... I'm just feeling really sad & guilty ...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"