High-Risk Pregnancy

Grams of protein??

Anyone given a reference regarding grams of protein Per serving?

I did a google search and one serving of meat would contain 23ish grams for a 34 oz serving but dairy cheese yogurt etc is only 9. One egg is also 79... I'm asking for snacks because on the run with my toddler often I reach for a protein bar and know what to do with carbs in grams but not protein!
Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Grams of protein??

• I was told to eat at least 7 or 8 grams of protein with my snacks and 15 or more with meals. It's definitely easier to do with meat, but cheese and nuts are so much more appetizing!
    DS born 5/25/09 BFP #2 10/25/11, m/c 11/5/11 BFP #3 1/20/11 EDD 10/1/11 BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thanks! That's helpful!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I was told 7g protein = 1 serving and 15g carbs = 1 serving. The more protein I can eat, the better. My protein bars are 20g (so almost 3 servings) protein and 17g (1 serving) of carbs. Not all protein bars are equal (I only eat Pure Protein brand) so label read. My snacks are limited to more 1-2 servings of carbs and essentially unlimited protein. In the afternoons I'll snack on greek yogurt (because of the increased protein) and cheese sticks. I also always carry a baggy of peanuts in case I'm out and have to eat something. Hope that helps a little!
    -Donna Married 11/19/09 Pregnancy #1: Son born March 22, 2011 after 3+ long months on bed rest due to PIH Pregnancy #2: Early miscarriage Pregnancy #3: Are we crazy for 2 under 2? Due 11/9/2012, diagnosed as Chronic HBP for this pregnancy along with gestational diabetes BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was told 7g of protein= 1 serving of protein, and that I could for the most part have as much protein as I wanted, shooting for 1+ at breakfast and snacks and 3+ at lunch and dinner
    2/11 Diagnosis: DOR-AMH .62, LPD and MFI-4% Morph
    IVF #1-July 2011 7/9/11-Started Stims
    7/20/11-ER:No eggs in 4/5 follicles. Left the 5th follie intact and converted to an IUI
    8/3/11-Beta #1=BFN,
    Nov, 2011 BFP #1=m/c at 7 wks 3 days
    11/11-AMH .47, IVF #2 March 2012...or not!! Surprise BFP on 2/19. Beta #1=161. Beta #2 305 Our little miracle girl is on her way! Due Oct 29, 2012
    <a href="http://s1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb461/andersenspics/?action=view
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"