November 2011 Moms

Biggest Loser people: support needed

Hello there! 

I mentioned this in the BL Week 2 post, but I thought I'd see if I can get some feedback.

I have trouble eating consistently throughout the day and I end up eating a bunch of crap after LO goes to bed because I'm hungry. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to make it easier to get my calories in/more filling snacks during the day so I'm not tempted to veg in front of the TV and eat crap?

Also, I've determined that I am a stress eater for SURE. How do I know this? DH wound up in the ER Sunday night with severe stomach pain. Turned out he had gallstones. He had his gallbladder removed Monday morning and another procedure to remove a few stones that had traveled into his bile duct this morning. So I have been going between the hospital, home to feed LO, to my SIL's to feed LO (my parents watched him yesterday and SIL/BIL watched him today), and the grocery store. I have had fast food 3 times in the last 2 days and I just feel disgusting.

I am also nursing so I feel like I'm hungry ALL. THE. TIME. And AF is probably on it's way. Oh joy. I just am discouraged I think.  

Because you're mine, I walk the line....
Landry Mark: 11/5/11
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Biggest Loser people: support needed

• I can share something I learned when I had gestational diabetes.  Prepare snacks ahead that are healthy and filling.  Since I couldn't do much by way of carbs, nuts and nutbutters became a go to when I had to have a snack.

BFP #1 10/13/09 EDD 06/20/10 DS Born on 06/26/10
    BFP #2 03/08/11 EDD 11/16/11 DD Born on 11/04/11
    BFP #3 08/29/12 EDD 05/06/13 M/C on 08/30/12
    BFP #4 11/01/12 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C on 12/28/12
    BFP #5 04/30/13 EDD 01/03/14 DS Born on 01/02/14
    BFP #6 01/11/15 EDD 09/22/15 M/C 03/09/15
  • I'm sorry you're having a hard time, but hopefully your DH is feeling much better! I know I eat when I'm stressed too, and it is hard when that is how you've learned to deal with it. I can spout a lot of advice, but that doesnt make it easy to implement, but LittleMomma's point is key for me - planning meals and snacks and having them ready to go really helps. And when I feel anxious I try to head out for a walk or drink a glass of water instead. Good luck, and try not to beat yourself up about it! Changing the way you eat and think about food is really, really hard, and it doesn't happen overnight! Hugs! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagelovesjm:
    I'm sorry you're having a hard time, but hopefully your DH is feeling much better! I know I eat when I'm stressed too, and it is hard when that is how you've learned to deal with it. I can spout a lot of advice, but that doesnt make it easy to implement, but LittleMomma's point is key for me - planning meals and snacks and having them ready to go really helps. And when I feel anxious I try to head out for a walk or drink a glass of water instead. Good luck, and try not to beat yourself up about it! Changing the way you eat and think about food is really, really hard, and it doesn't happen overnight! Hugs! 

THIS! I am totally an emotional eater. I try to reason with myself & say if I still want "insert yummy comfort food here"  in one hour, then I will eat it. In the meantime, I try to drink water & do something physical to take my mind off of the stress & the food that I don't really need. Sometimes it works, stress eating is a struggle.

Hope your DH is feeling better soon so that you get slow down and take some time for yourself.

Baby Boy #2 is on the way!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Aww, I hope your DH feels better soon! Like the other PPs plnning ahead for those times helps. I make sure to keep all the bad things I crave out of the house. For quick snacks I try to have Special K bars or shakes (I really like their shakes). Having fresh or dried fruit, seeds and nuts around are quick and healthy. You need to watch how many nuts you eat though.

If you just have to have a treat or you'll go nuts, try having the mini marshmellows. They are fat-free! And for me they are a treat like a cookie or candybar would be. I'm not much of an emotional eater, but I'm a bored eater so I understand the detrimental eating.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"