Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Intro

Hi ladies I have posted a few times on here and realized I never gave a proper intro...

I found out I was expecting August 1st, and started spotting early last week. I didn't think much of it at first but by Friday I started to worry. Long story short, hcg and progesterone was not at all good. Sadly, that night things started getting worse, and now I'm just waiting for my levels to drop back down and for my body to heal.
This board has been so incredibly helpful. I am having an easier time talking about what happened here instead of face to face conversations. Did you ladies find you were able to talk to people via email or text easier as well? I just kind of feel like I may start to break down in person and I want to avoid talking about it in person with friends, but I don't quite know how to say that to them without being rude. Or at least, sounding rude.

Thanks ladies!

Re: Intro

• I'm very sorry for your loss.

I also had (have) difficulty speaking about my losses in person. A few times, I just told people that I wasn't ready to talk about it yet--then later, I sent an email explaining how hard it is for me to talk about it in person. I found that my friends were very understanding about that. If anyone thought it was rude, they kept it to themselves.

BFP #1 and m/c on 10/24/2010 ~6wks
    BFP #2 07/12/2012 (EDD 03/23/13); m/c 07/28/12
    BFP #3 12/05/2012 (EDD 08/19/2013); baby girl born 08/09!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Sorry for your loss. I did sometimes find it easier to text about how I was feeling. As time has passed, its been beneficial for me to open up and be vulnerable with some friends. We alll have our own pace though. Hugs

4 Losses (2003, 2008, Apr 2012, & Oct 2012)
    All RPL and IF testing with multiple REs = normal

5 IUIs = BFN

All AL are welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. I found that talking to my mom over the phone was easiest for me. I still cried, but I knew that if she came over I would be an inconsolable mess. She lives about 45 minutes away, so it isn't far, but I told her that just talking over the phone and trying to keep my normal schdule was all I needed.

I'll see her in a few weekends, but I knew that I didn't want her to rush over. If email or text is better for you, then go that route. Eventually as time passes you may feel fine talking about it in person. Just go at your own pace.

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"