Babies on the Brain
Options

Crazy Dream

This morning I had a dream that was horrifying. I was standing in the bathroom looking in the mirror and I was trimming my hair with an electric razor (don't ask me why). It was all fine and dandy until I moved my arm wrong and shaved a huge chunk right on top of my head. I looked in the mirror and thought of Natalie Portman in V for Vendetta. That gave me the strength to shave the rest. I finished the buzz-cut and then the alarm went off. It was so vivid and real, I reached up and touched my hair to make sure it wasn't real.

Ever had a dream so real?

I also had one about a pet bunny a few years back. I always wanted a bunny and in the dream I got one. When I woke up and realized it wasn't real I was so sad. Sad

Me 30, DH 34
Met 12-2008, Married 05-2010, TTC 08-2017
Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

Re: Crazy Dream

• Options
    I have very vivid dreams, including one recently where my mom died. I had to call her to make sure it was a dream. I also had 2 night terrors last year about huge spiders coming down from the ceiling into the bed. DH does not enjoy being woken up by my screams. lol.
    imageimage
    7,065/13,000=54.3%
    Started TTC in June 2008. Not bothering any more.

Bonafide thread killah
  • Options

I usually have a sense that I'm dreaming, but once in a while the vivid ones sneak up on my.  Sometimes bad (leaving DD on the side of a road), and sometimes good (see my WW post for DC below).

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

"Oh, the silent majesty of a winter's morn, the clean, cool chill of the holiday air,
    an asshole in his bathrobe, emptying a chemical toilet into my sewer."
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagebiomaj5:
    I have very vivid dreams, including one recently where my mom died. I had to call her to make sure it was a dream. I also had 2 night terrors last year about huge spiders coming down from the ceiling into the bed. DH does not enjoy being woken up by my screams. lol.

I had a dream that my mom died too... Called her at 3am to make sure I was wrong.
    I've also been having a lot of baby dreams recently and I wake up in a panic because the I've "slept in" and I'm afraid the baby is crying.
  • Options
    I have vivid dreams often. A few months ago I had one where I was in labor pushing and had a little girl, it was very realistic. Talk about adding fuel to the baby brain fire! Haha
  • Options
    I have vivid dreams a lot. Most of them are fantasy dreams where I have four kids and a huge house, and I get so mad when I wake up because I don't have all that.
    m/c 2013
  • Options
    I had a dream I somehow started peeling them skin on my face off. It was so realistic I woke up in tears!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I have very vivid dreams. I hate them because unfortunately most of the time when I dream I have nightmares/ night terrors. (That was one good thing about ambien, I rarely dreamed and when I did it was so triply I knew I was dreaming!)

But most of my dreams are about death or dying/ pain/ suffering and not being able to save my loved ones.  I wake up sobbing sometimes. It's awful. DH just rolls over kisses me and holds me tight until I fall asleep again. He also knows to wake me gently if I am having a night terror. He got kicked and clawed the first time he tried to wake me up. :/ I felt so terrible when I realized it was him :( 

I've had a few about deceased relatives and pets that were so real. Those always made me so sad when I woke up and realized it was all a dream.

The most realistic dream I had though was about my parents committing suicide. I woke up crying as I was pleading with them not to go through with it. It freaked me out. I called my mom the moment I woke up to make sure they were ok and that everything was fine at home. :/ Even after I woke up I was still in such a bad mood the rest of the day :( I felt emotionally drained from a freaking dream.

ETA: wow. I just looked up on google about nightmares and if it's normal for people in my line of work to experience higher occurrence of night terrors/ nightmares . I found a study published this year stating that we are more prone to them due to the types of incidents that we experience.  

I kind of always thought that but thought it could also be related to my anxiety issues. Glad to know I am not alone in that at least.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"