Parenting after 35
Options

New Mom , over 40 :)

Hey Ladies,

:)   I am new mom at 42 ,  I have three older children 21, 18 and 14.  :)      My precious Angel is going to be 4 months on May 1 ...  

Just wondering if it's ok to join your group?  :)  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: New Mom , over 40 :)

• Options

You must pass a test first.  Have you ever owned a can of Aquanet (and was not afraid to use it), stirrup pants, day-glo anything, or jellies?  Did you ever want to be Mollie Ringwald?  Can you sing all of Journey's hits from memory? 

If so, you are old enough to play with us. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageGooglGirl:

Hey Ladies,

:)   I am new mom at 42 ,  I have three older children 21, 18 and 14.  :)      My precious Angel is going to be 4 months on May 1 ...  

Just wondering if it's ok to join your group?  :)  

Because you are over 40, I will assume you mean your child will be 4 months old on September 1st.  Because if you really meant May 1st, you are seriously overdue and a medical oddity.  Or clairvoyant.   Or a medically odd clairvoyant.

Welcome!   Don't stop believin'

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagevanverth:

You must pass a test first.  Have you ever owned a can of Aquanet (and was not afraid to use it), stirrup pants, day-glo anything, or jellies?  Did you ever want to be Mollie Ringwald?  Can you sing all of Journey's hits from memory? 

LOL.   Welcome fellow May mommy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I remember you. Welcome!
  • Options
    imagevanverth:

OMG!! My kids know Journey off by heart ;)   (learned from momma I guess)  I think if I look in a drawer I may have a pair of stirrups ;)   AND OMG please tell me they don't still make aquanet  HAHAHA    and PS:  I saw Molly when I looked in the mirror and loved my jellies and wish they still made them. ;)    

Thanks  I really needed that!! ;)

• Options
    HAHA see showing my age!! Ya  September 1 HAHAHA DUH! 
  • Options
    Welcome! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Welcome! Also, have you ever crimped your hair, washed with Prell, or remember the commercial? Also, does anyone remember that VO5 used to make beer shampoo? Mmmmm beer.
  • Options
    This post is hilarious.  I  laughed so hard I almost spit Jolt Cola down my Outback Red henley.
  • Options
    imagevanverth:

Geez...didn't even realize there was a test...and it's kinda sad that I think I passed with flying colors (and do you know, I actually developed a cyst on one of my feet from the stirrups?).

• Options
    Hello and welcome! I'm a new mom too, and I turned 40 this year. Smile
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm 41 and almost 10 weeks. My baby is due in March 2013. Sadly, I have Journey in the car (pssst, don't tell anyone) and I blast it too lol.
  • Options

imagemscandyman:
    This post is hilarious.  I  laughed so hard I almost spit Jolt Cola down my Outback Red henley.

I still have an Outback Red Turtleneck in my closet.  I am so sad,

• Options
    imagevanverth:

You must pass a test first.  Have you ever owned a can of Aquanet (and was not afraid to use it), stirrup pants, day-glo anything, or jellies?  Did you ever want to be Mollie Ringwald?  

I wanted to be Mollie just so I could sit on a table and kiss Jake Ryan!

And speaking of stirrup pants - I just watched Napoleon Dynamite last week with my big girls and the character Deb was totally rocking stirrups!  I love it - when I first watched that movie I thought it was supposed to be set in the early 90's - but nope - it's just that backwards - LOL! 

imageimage
  • Options

Congratulations!  I'm a newbie here (just joined today and hanging around TTC after 35) and I can't wait to be a first time mommy.  I will be well over 40 too.  So happy for you. 

PS: Jake Ryan was so hot.  Wonder what he would look like today???

• Options
    HAHHAA!!  I am totally loving this post!!  I loved Napolean Dynamite so much I bought it :)    Kids now a days cannot get the humour out of it as us that lived in that era did!    My oldest is 21 and he loves the movie as well!    I guess it's because he was born in 91 that kind of makes him close to the 80's ...    I laugh everytime I read the posts !!   Us old ladies rock!!  :) 
  • Options

Black rubber bracelets (Madonna style), neon belts, pink booties, crazy hair, high-waisted jeans, puffy shirts... ahh the 80s. Good times, thanks for the blast from the past, lol. Oh, and welcome GooglGirl! Smile

Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
  • Options
    Oh, and let's not forget the shoulder pads!! I had them in EVERY shirt or jacket I owned, lol.
    Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
  • Options
    imagevanverth:

This is truly great.

Welcome & congrats on your littlest!!

A Yankee Fan & A Red Sox Fan...
    imageimage
    "5.01.09"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome!  My daughter was born April 30th.  I am having fun buying her 6-12 month clothing.  I just got her first jacket and coat from Gymboree.  So I am having fun with it. 
    imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • Options
    imagevanverth:

LOL!
    SAHM to 2 boys (3 & 16 yrs) & 2 girls (5 & 8 yrs)

Our Angel Boy- m/c in 2007 @ 9wks due to Trisomy 17
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"