Secondary IF
Options

"It's time for another"

How do you deal with comments people make? Maybe it's just me but since DD turned 2 people feel like they have the right to ask me all the time when we are planning to have another, or to tell me that it's time to make DD a big sister. I know they are not doing this to be hurtful, but knowing now the struggles people have I would NEVER make a comment like that. I'm a teacher and will be going back to work this week and I already know I will hear this from my coworkers. A few people know what we're going through but I don't want everyone to know. I usually just laugh it off and say eventually.
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: "It's time for another"

• Options
    I've literally said to people "We'd love to. My body just doesn't seem to be on the same page." That shuts them up quick. It is frustrating people feel they have license to say things like that when they have no idea what's going on in your life. And even if we weren't dealing with IF, it isn't anyone's business when someone is ready to have a baby!
  • Options
    I have been feeling like that since right after my DD was born. People who don't know that our daughter is sick feel the need to ask all the time but actually since DD's diagnosis back in September 2011 people don't ever ask me now if we are going to have more kids. I guess people think we shouldn't, or wouldn't. 
    my blog
    Help me spread Urea Cycle Disorder Awareness!! 2011 DD diagnosed with UCD 2012 started process for IVF with PGD 8/9/12 started stims- 8/20/12 ER- 20 retrieved, 19 ICSI'D, 12 biopsied 5 viable unaffected embryos 8/25/12 ET-1 "awesome" embryo-9/4/12 1st beta- BFP with HPT at 7dp5dt- Beta #1 9/4/12- 210!, Beta #2 9/6/12- 465, First scan on 9/19/12 Baby Boy due 5/13/13- diagnosed with a single umbilical artery
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I say we'd love to but it isn't up to us. Before I had IF I used to ask people the same question.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I always say "When the Lord decides to bless us again."  It says it all and leaves no room for a reply.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

DD conceived after 3 years of ttc.
    MFI - DH had varicocele repair and took Clomid to get DD b. 02/2010

TTC #2 since 6/2010
    10/2012 DH diagnosed with Epilepsy
    A few failed IUIs summer 2012 and 2013. 
    DH taking clomid and waiting to see if he needs another vericocele repair. 
    Hoping for a 2015 baby or babies. 
    Wishing, hoping, waiting.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageLeahB12:
    I used to say that we hope to have another one. Now I just tell people the truth. When they hear, "I most likely can't have any more children. DS was our miracle baby," people shut up quickly. I don't care if I make them feel bad.

exactly this!  

Right Oopherectomy w/tubal ligation 11.15.2007
    BFP #1 03.30.2008, Born 12.08.2008
    TTC #2 Since 11.2010
    DX: IRPCOS with Fair Motility on SA
    Cycle #22 - RE Round #1 - 100MG Clomid - BFN
    Cycle #23 - RE Round #2 - 150MG Clomid/Pregnyl Trig - BFN
    Cycle #24 - RE Round #3 - 150MG Clomid/Ovidrel Trig/IUI/Crinone - BFN
    Cycle #25 - RE Round #4 - 2.5MG Letrozole/Ovidrel Trig/Crinone
  • Options
    I usually say something like, "oh, its on the agenda!". I hate that question also.  and i really don't know what issue people have with kiddos being spaced more than 2 years apart, i mean geez.  
    Baby #1 born March 2010 TTC baby #2 since July 2011 DX: low AMH, prematurely aging ovaries
  • Options

I get the question all the time since DD is almost 4.  I usually say "Maybe, or someday" but lately I am ready to say we can't have another since we are approaching the two year mark with no answers really.

We are on vacation right now and I had some douche bag at the pool tell me I really should have another one then I wouldn't have to entertain DD she would just play with her sibling like his FOUR kids do........thanks douche bag, I can't have another baby.  I was really close to telling him that because I was so ticked off.

I used to ask people that question but in a less direct way, now I never ask.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I used to say "Yes, we want one more!!!" Now 11 months later, I say "Hm...not sure.  We may be done."  And then I cry in the corner. lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"