Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Yeast, Please Help

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: Yeast, Please Help

• Try a 50/50 mix of antifungal cream (Monistat, Lotrimin, etc.) and zinc oxide paste for the diaper rash.

Probiotics can help too. Eat lots of yogurt and feed it to her too. You could also add a probiotic powder to her purees.

Wash your bras in the hottest water possible. Use disposable nipple pads that don't have plastic backing, and change them frequently. And (daily) disinfect the heck out of anything that goes in DD's mouth. Limit her sugars and starches in favor of proteins, low-sugar whole grains, low-sugar fruits (like berries) and yogurt.

Health food stores sell anti-candida supplements, but I've never tried them. Unrefined apple cider vinegar has long been recommended for candida too, but its effectiveness is always being debated.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• Good luck. It look LO about 5 weeks to get over thrush when she was younger. Have to boil everything after it comes out of their mouth. After two refills and no end in site, half doses more frequently helped. are you rubbing the Rx all over the mouth on each spot?
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm dealing with a yeast diaper rash right now too.  I also CD and have switched to disposables until this is completely gone.  I washed my CDs on hot and added 1/4 c bleach the last time I washed everything.

For the rash I'm using lotrimin af.  It seems to be helping.  I've only been using it since Friday night and there are only a couple of pale patches left.  I think you have to keep using it for awhile even after you think it's gone.

If you CD and there is any yeast left, it will break out again.  

I don't know how to treat the thrush other than the rx from the dr.  I agree you will have to boil pacis, bottle nipples if you pump, etc.  Good luck-apparently yeast is tough to deal with.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ns1ns1 member

For thrush, we did Nystatin forever without any luck.  Then we got Diflucan and it cleared up quickly.  I also boiled everything that went into LO's mouth in water with white vinegar.

For the yeast in the diaper area (per recommendation from here!) I used Lotrimin (antifungal, typically used for athlete's foot / jock itch!) and it cleared up really quickly. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"