March 2012 Moms

Stomach Sleeping

DS is still waking every 1- 1.5 after rolling around and landing on his stomach. HE HATES IT. He pushes himself backwards and just screams. He won't roll back to his back or relax to actually fall asleep on his stomach where I know he will do so much better. He has never slept longer than 5hrs and lately I'm fighting getting a full 2hr stretch. He wants to be sleeping on me latched the entire time!

I just don't know what to do anymore. Any tips for calming him down on his stomach? 

Canadian Bumpie - Texas bound
DS #1 [S-5]
3 Step Daughters [A-8] [E-6] [I-4]
Baby #2 09/10/2017 
It's a BOY! 
Babywearer&EBF
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Stomach Sleeping

• Mine did the exact same thing for 2 weeks when he learned to roll over. Now he sleeps soundly on his stomach - 3 weeks later after learning to roll over. I think it just takes time and they eventually get use to it. Because even though mine hated his stomach at first becuase he didn't know how to put his head to the side he would roll directly to his stomach the second I put him in his crib. Good luck!!

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• DS likes sleeping on his belly so I don't have this problem. But if he doesn't get used to it could you buy those block things that people use when the babies are younger? Those might help him. Otherwise if DS is fussy I pat his butt (while on his tummy in crib). Or maybe if you put his head to the side to teach him that he can move it. Have you tried a paci at all? DS never took his except for this past month. I think it has to do with his teeth moving (swollen gums..nothing poking through though). It has actually helped him sleep better. When he does wake up I just put it back in his mouth and he will go right back to sleep! Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Alexander has settled onto sleeping on his belly but it still makes ME nervous so I seriously get up like 5/6 times a night to flip him. Even though I've seen him do it a handful of times, he will NOT roll from belly to back so I'm just not comfortable letting him sleep that way until he can roll both ways. I know I'm probably being irrationally careful but SIDS scares the crap out of me.

This kid has been rolling from back to belly since 3 1/2 months old and my pedi said "Oh, usually they start going the other way really quickly after this." Not this kid. The worst part is that I know he's just being lazy. He can almost sit up on his own from laying on his back, holds himself in a solid side plank and is starting to scoot. The strength is there, just not the will!

Well, he is my husband's son...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• DS did this for a week or so until he got over it and sleeps happily on his stomach.  Not because I encourage it.  I lay him down on his back, but immediately he turns over to his belly and stays there.  When I put him on his back again after feeding his MOTN he rolls right back to his belly.  I hope your LO settles into it soon.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you all. We are trying some new sleep help tonight, so there will be tons of crying here. I "tricked" him into a nap on his belly nursed him on it and he slept good, not long, but woke up super angry. You all gave me hope that he will eventually get use to it!!

Canadian Bumpie - Texas bound
    DS #1 [S-5]
    3 Step Daughters [A-8] [E-6] [I-4]
    Baby #2 09/10/2017 
    It's a BOY! 
    Babywearer&EBF
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"