November 2011 Moms

What is your opinion on this....

Sending a Thanksgiving card v.s. Christmas card. I'm really wanting to do this b/c it seems like EVERYONE does xmas cards. DH is pretty agaisnt the idea, but I'm trying to sell him on it. I was thinking one of those 4X9 cards with a family pic from the fall on one side, and on the other side pics of DS in his 1st halloween costume? WDYT?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What is your opinion on this....

• I've never seen one before and it's personally NMS, but if you like it (and you can get DH on board) you should go for it. It would alleviate some of the Christmas time stress, that's for sure.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I like the idea, especially with our November babies. The cards can be the one year pics as well.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Loading the player...
  • imagee_cruiz:
    I like the idea, especially with our November babies. The cards can be the one year pics as well.

this would be great,but DS held out and ended up being born in December:P

• imageshabamwam:

imagee_cruiz:
    I like the idea, especially with our November babies. The cards can be the one year pics as well.

this would be great,but DS held out and ended up being born in December:P

You could always do a "Happy Holidays card" and send it early December or something? People kind of bunch the holidays into one big time period anyway. I do love the idea of the first Halloween costume though, so that one you might want to send earlier.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I say go for it. There's no rule about what kind of card to send. Last year we did New Years cards instead of Christmas ones.
    BFP #1 August 2007, Lost Nov 2007, no heartbeat found at anatomy ultrasound at 19 wks
    BFP #2 March 2011, Baby Girl born November 2011!!!
  • I display my Xmas cards all month.  If I got a card way before my Xmas decorations were up then I'd probably look at, say "that's cute" and then toss it in a pile.  

I have a friend that sends a card of her kids for every season and holiday...basically monthly. 

photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • My mom usually sends out a New Years card.  She's done this the last couple years because all my siblings (and now the grandkids) don't all get together until Thanksgiving or Christmas, and it gives her time for the pictures to be taken and cards made.  This might be an option for you if you want to do something other than Christmas.  It's also more religion-neutral. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Why not just send a "holiday" card right after Thanksgiving?
  • imageFroggy76:
    Why not just send a "holiday" card right after Thanksgiving?

This is what we did last year but because DD stayed snug until December 2nd... I think we'll have to wait until closer so we can have her 1 year pic.

Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
    imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• I was contemplating something similar except maybe for valentines day instead of thanksgiving.

BFP #1 10/13/09 EDD 06/20/10 DS Born on 06/26/10
    BFP #2 03/08/11 EDD 11/16/11 DD Born on 11/04/11
    BFP #3 08/29/12 EDD 05/06/13 M/C on 08/30/12
    BFP #4 11/01/12 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C on 12/28/12
    BFP #5 04/30/13 EDD 01/03/14 DS Born on 01/02/14
    BFP #6 01/11/15 EDD 09/22/15 M/C 03/09/15
  • I agree that you should just call it a holiday card and maybe send it out early Dec. I would think a Thanksgiving card was kinda weird, and wouldn't realize it was in lieu of a Christmas card either. Can you wait that long? My LO was born end of Nov., so we're doing one year/family pictures that we'll use for our Christmas cards. I was thinking about using her Halloween picture on her birthday invite, but I realize that's not feasible for early Nov babies.
  • I strongly feel you're on the right track in what you want to do. Sending a card is appropriate any time; not just at Christmas. I assume you're sending this to the grand-parents who will appreciate getting a card anytime they receive one - especially since it's their Grand Son's first Halloween in his costume with that other picture you mentioned of the family in a fall scene.

Personally I feel you're starting your own NEW family tradition - so I say "GO FOR IT!"

GL in whatever you do ... 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"