November 2011 Moms

what would you do differently?

Tonight when I was putting DD to bed, I was thinking about the last 9 months and what I would have done differently.  I wish I would have taken a picture of her the first night she slept in her crib... she was sooo teeny!  I wish I would have taken more videos of her when she was really little... I don't have any video from those first couple weeks. 

Are there any things that you wish you could go back and do differently?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: what would you do differently?

• I really wish I had done a newborn photo shoot!  We bought the photos they took in the hospital, but those weren't great, and we didn't get professional photos taken again until 7 months.  I'm always jealous when I see the sleepy NB photos on TB.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm with you, more pics. I really feel like DH dropped the ball with the pics of DS when he born. With DD, we had video of her starting from the time she was taken away to get cleaned up. With DS, we didn't get any photos or video until DD came in to be introduced. Besides the pics, I would have tried harder to get LO to take a paci. I think it will be a nightmare when he gets weaned. He's still getting up 2-3 times a night for comfort nursing. Indifferent

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • More pics of ME and DD.  And more pictures of the three of us (me, DH, DD).

There are TONS of pics of DD and a lot with DD and DH (b/c I take them).  But there are few with me and even less of the three of us.  :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageNatty13umppo:
    More pics of ME and DD.nbsp; And more pictures of the three of us me, DH, DD.There are TONS of pics of DD and a lot with DD and DH b/c I take them.nbsp; But there are few with me and even less of the three of us.nbsp; :

Ditto this with dh and ds! I try to take pics of me and ds occasionally on my phone... because I do have forward facing camera, but the quality is kinda crappy!
  • We have lots of photos, but I wish we had gotten more video.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagebrighteyes2123:
    imageNatty13umppo:
    More pics of ME and DD.nbsp; And more pictures of the three of us me, DH, DD.There are TONS of pics of DD and a lot with DD and DH b/c I take them.nbsp; But there are few with me and even less of the three of us.nbsp; :
    Ditto this with dh and ds! I try to take pics of me and ds occasionally on my phone... because I do have forward facing camera, but the quality is kinda crappy!

This. Plus so far we haven't had the time or money to do a professional shoot other than the pictures taken in the hospital. We should be doing one before Christmas that will double as Christmas presents for people. Also, since LO was born about a month before Christmas we bought a little Christmas ornament set for his hand/foot print but we never got to do it. LO was still in clenching his hands closed at that point and would scream if we tried to flatten them. It was next to impossible for us to even get a good hand print with ink. I think we will do it this year, but I wanted one for his first Christmas (even though this year will be better because LO will actually be conscious to open presents)

• imageNatty13umppo:

More pics of ME and DD.  And more pictures of the three of us (me, DH, DD).

There are TONS of pics of DD and a lot with DD and DH (b/c I take them).  But there are few with me and even less of the three of us.  :(

I could have written this! 

• imageFroggy76:
    I really wish I had done a newborn photo shoot!  We bought the photos they took in the hospital, but those weren't great, and we didn't get professional photos taken again until 7 months.  I'm always jealous when I see the sleepy NB photos on TB.

This. 

Also I wish I would have put DD in her own room from the beginning. She was sleeping for 4 hr stretches in her crib after bringing her home from the NICU but then I decided that I just wanted more cuddle time/ she looked so tiny in the huge crib, so I brought her in bed with us. After I made that transition she started waking up every 60-90 min. 9 months later and she's still getting up at least 6x/night... 
    Munchkin born 11/22/11
    Pipsqueak born 6/9/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageNatty13umppo:

More pics of ME and DD.  And more pictures of the three of us (me, DH, DD).

This. I'm making an effort to have more pics of me & DS and all 3 of us as a family.

Baby Boy #2 is on the way!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I was insane about taking pictures and video of DD from the very beginning, and I am so glad I did. I still need to back up the data because I would never forgive myself if something happened to those pictures and videos.

I'm not sure what I would do differently. Probably slept more when she slept at the beginning. I cherished that time so much when she was sleeping, I did too much stuff awake. Now, of course it doesn't matter, but then... I was sooo tired and emotional all the time because I was so tired.

I would have cherished the NB snuggles more. I was always so nervous that she would only be able to sleep in my arms if I snuggled her too much, so I put her in her swing a lot to sleep. I should have let her sleep more with me for naps.

I would have put her in her crib earlier. We did the transition at four months because she was outgrowing her bassinet, but we should have done it earlier. We all slept SO much better after that.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagegracefulruby33:

I was insane about taking pictures and video of DD from the very beginning, and I am so glad I did. I still need to back up the data because I would never forgive myself if something happened to those pictures and videos.

I'm not sure what I would do differently. Probably slept more when she slept at the beginning. I cherished that time so much when she was sleeping, I did too much stuff awake. Now, of course it doesn't matter, but then... I was sooo tired and emotional all the time because I was so tired.

I would have cherished the NB snuggles more. I was always so nervous that she would only be able to sleep in my arms if I snuggled her too much, so I put her in her swing a lot to sleep. I should have let her sleep more with me for naps.

I would have put her in her crib earlier. We did the transition at four months because she was outgrowing her bassinet, but we should have done it earlier. We all slept SO much better after that.

This was me too. And I would definitely do that back up, we had a scare where we thought that our passport didn't work and thought that we lost the first 6 months worth of LO's pictures. It was a terrible feeling.
  • imagegracefulruby33:

I was insane about taking pictures and video of DD from the very beginning, and I am so glad I did. I still need to back up the data because I would never forgive myself if something happened to those pictures and videos.

This is funny to me, because I cherished the NB snuggles too much!  If I could do things differently, I would have put DS in his cribs for naps.  When I was on maternity leave, he either napped in the swing (because I couldn't bear the thought of putting him in a different room all alone), or I held him for naps.  The positive side of this was that I went back to work after my maternity leave knowing that I got every possible snuggle with him.  The downside of this is that it took a LOT of work to get DS to nap in his crib, and he is still a lousy napper.

DS 11.24.11
    MMC 3.30.16
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"