November 2011 Moms

9 month old appointment

LO is 9 months old today so we went to his doc's appointment. He is now 21.5 lbs and 28.25 inches. I feel like his growth in height has slowed down a bit but he is still on track. What were your LO's measurements at 9 mo?

We are beginning to wean him from his pacifier... so this week will be interesting. Anyone who had baby on a paci done this yet? I would rather do it now than later but I feel bad because he may be teething since he only has two front teeth. So far not so good but we are standing our ground with it. The doc said it may be a rough couple of days but it will get better.

Re: 9 month old appointment

• We just had Kohan's 9 month appointment today as well, he is 20 lbs, 2.2 oz and 28 inches. And I don't know how, but we or actually me, lost his binky. We had one friends gave us a few months back... so I sterilized it, but he isn't digging it. I don't know how we're going to wean him from it, since he's been using it for bed and naptime. Good luck to you... and us lol!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ellie was 18.8 lbs (50%) and 28.5" (70%).

She preferred her fingers from the start and hasn't used a paci since 4 months or so. GL with that one! :-)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • DD2 was 21lbs 6 ozs and 30", she is enormous.  DD1 was around 18lbs at 9 months.

DD2 never took a paci.  With DD1 we limited her paci to naps and bedtime at 12 months and took it away cold turkey at 15 months

photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • DS just went friday. He was 20.1 and 28 inches long. He never took a paci
  • DD's was a couple weeks ago.  16.2 lbs (16 lb 3 oz) and 27.5". In typical mom brain fashion I didn't grab the print out with the percentiles, but according to the online calculator that's 6th for weight and 39th for height. Sounds about right. Only item of concern was slight anemia.

We're not weaning from the paci yet.  DS was more like 18 months when we weaned him from it and it wasn't really a big deal.  We started by only giving it to him for naps, night and in the car.  Then just naps and night.  Then cold turkey from there

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Well DS is 10 and a half months now but I'll still share his 9 month stats.

He was 19.1 and 27", 25 for both. At 6 months he was in the 50 for height so that has slowed down some.

I haven't weighed him lately but I think he's around 20 pounds.

• We took her last week and Toni was 18.6lbs & 28 in (50th & 60th percentile I think).

Haven't started weaning the paci yet. 

• I took DS this week for his 9month appointment and he was 17lb 2 oz (4th percentile) and 27.95 in (31st percentile). 

We plan on weaning him from the paci in about a month or so.  We had him to where he only needed it in the middle of the night if he woke up from gas or something, but teething has gotten the best of all of us and is comforting for him to have. 

I: November 2011 
    M: November 2012
  • At LO's 9mo appt., he was 21.3# and 30 3/4" in. long (that puts him 50% for weight and 97% for height).

With my DD, I waited until after we weaned her from the bottle to wean her off the paci. I wanted to fall back on it while we got rid of the bottle at a year. I can tell you that it's harder on you than it is on LO to get rid of the paci. If it helps, my mom said that she cut the paci down to make me not want it anymore when I was a baby. I'm sure that way is not recommended nowadays for choking hazards.

GL with the weaning!

• DD was 17 lbs, 4 oz and 26.5".  We are going to try to limit the pacifier to naps and bedtime and fully wean around 1 year.  Pedi suggested just leaving it her crib.  I've been guilty of giving it to her too much, though.
  • Well I guess I have the scrawny baby. She was 14.9 and 27 1/4.
  • DS had his checkup on Thursday. He was 20 lbs 4 oz(50%) & 29.5 inches long(95%).

We aren't weaning from the paci yet, but he has always only gotten it for naps & bedtime. We have started replacing daytime bottles with his straw sippy cup(with formula). Thankfully he doesn't seem to mind. 

Baby Boy #2 is on the way!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageKaeldrasmommy:
    Well I guess I have the scrawny baby. She was 14.9 and 27 1/4.

How big was she when she was born?
  • I've got the biggest chunk....@ 9 months he was 22lbs and 28in! 

Hedoesn't take a paci. He quit a long time ago. I've just starting trying to encourage it since sleeping is terrible. But with 10teeth i probably should put them away! 

#2-BO 6/6/13 D/C     #3 natural m/c 8/6/13 

#4 EDD 5/19/14 It's a boy! 

• DD had slowed down on the height too.  She is 18 lbs (up from 15) and had grown 1" since 6 months.  Good luck with the paci!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• He was 20 and 27.5" at his appt exactly a week ago. We never used a paci.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• imagebrighteyes2123:
    imageKaeldrasmommy:

She was actually a decent 7.2 and 20.
  • imageKaeldrasmommy:

Your LO is very cute! I love how every baby is so different - DD was 14 pounds at 2 months! (Mind you she's always been in the high 90s, percentage wise). DD at 9 months was 20.5lbs and 28 1/4".  

• Nathan had his 9 month last week. He weighed 20lbs 14oz and was 28 inches. He is one long little baby!
    Married 02.06.10
    DS1 born 11.19.11
    DS2 born 07.02.14

• DD was 16lbs 13oz and 28 1/2 inches at her 9month.  We're weaning from the paci now.  She had lost some interest in it, so daytime has been totally fine without it the last 2 days, today we took it out of the crib and she napped as norm and went to bed as norm...we'll see how the rest of the night goes.  Hopefully she'll still STTN as she has been!  She's also done with bottles, she kept fighting with them and would drink 2 to 3 oz max a feed, so we tried the Sippy she was using for juice only and she was much happier!  It's been almost a week without a bottle, so I'm pretty sure she's over the attachment.  She is really starting to be quite the independent kiddo - fights us feeding her too, she'd rather do it herself.  How did they grow up so fast?!! GL with weaning from the paci, hopefully, it'll be easier than expected!
  • By the time DD has her 9 month appointment she'll be almost 11 months old.  I have to weigh her for her formula prescription though and she was about 16 lbs.

BFP #1 10/13/09 EDD 06/20/10 DS Born on 06/26/10
    BFP #2 03/08/11 EDD 11/16/11 DD Born on 11/04/11
    BFP #3 08/29/12 EDD 05/06/13 M/C on 08/30/12
    BFP #4 11/01/12 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C on 12/28/12
    BFP #5 04/30/13 EDD 01/03/14 DS Born on 01/02/14
    BFP #6 01/11/15 EDD 09/22/15 M/C 03/09/15
  • imageKaeldrasmommy:
    imagebrighteyes2123:
    imageKaeldrasmommy:

She was decent, since most babies are supposed to triple their birth weight by the time their first birthday rolls around. When the woman who told me that, I burst out, " So you mean to tell me Kohan will be 27 lbs, 15 oz?" He was 9 lbs, 5 oz at birth... she said, "OH right, I forgot, no he'll probably be around 22 lbs or 24 lbs." She had me worried for a second :p
  • At 9 months, DS was 18 lbs and 26 in.  When we went in at 10 months for an ear infection he was 20 lbs and 28 in.  DS still gets the pacifier, and I don't plan on weaning until 18 months.  He is very attached to it, and actually needs 2 to go to sleep, one in the mouth, one in the hand.  Good luck with your weaning!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagebrighteyes2123:
    imageKaeldrasmommy:
    imagebrighteyes2123:
    imageKaeldrasmommy:

She was decent, since most babies are supposed to triple their birth weight by the time their first birthday rolls around. When the woman who told me that, I burst out, " So you mean to tell me Kohan will be 27 lbs, 15 oz?" He was 9 lbs, 5 oz at birth... she said, "OH right, I forgot, no he'll probably be around 22 lbs or 24 lbs." She had me worried for a second :p
    Eek! That would be crazy! Yeah, she takes after me, I'm 5'8 and still only 113 lbs. Lovesjm thanks, I think shes the cutest thing ever! But I may be a bit biased.
  • We missed her nine month appointment but at a sick visit a week before she was 24 lbs, 6 oz. She is such a chunker.
  • LO was 20 pounds 5 ounces and 29.5 inches at his 9 month appointment.

We quit the paci around 6 months, mainly because I'm crazy. My Goddaughter still uses her paci at 3 and I didn't want him to get too attached to it. I actually offered it to him the other day in the car because he was upset but he just chewed on it. Good luck!

• imageCCM82909:

I took DS this week for his 9month appointment and he was 17lb 2 oz (4th percentile) and 27.95 in (31st percentile). 

We plan on weaning him from the paci in about a month or so.  We had him to where he only needed it in the middle of the night if he woke up from gas or something, but teething has gotten the best of all of us and is comforting for him to have. 

I almost thought we were going to win on smallest DS but you got us by 2 oz :)

DS was 17 lbs 4 oz and he is 28 in. (Our appointment was yesterday)

We never did the paci but he isn't even relying on his thumb much anymore.

• imageKaeldrasmommy:
    imagebrighteyes2123:
    imageKaeldrasmommy:
    imagebrighteyes2123:
    imageKaeldrasmommy:

Eek! That would be crazy! Yeah, she takes after me, I'm 5'8 and still only 113 lbs. Lovesjm thanks, I think shes the cutest thing ever! But I may be a bit biased.

I'm only 5'6, dh is 5'9 and 130 lbs.
  • imagebrighteyes2123:
    imageKaeldrasmommy:
    imagebrighteyes2123:
    imageKaeldrasmommy:
    imagebrighteyes2123:
    imageKaeldrasmommy:
    I'm only 5'6, dh is 5'9 and 130 lbs.
    So a crazy long baby for you then!
  • at his 9 month appointment Cole was 20 lbs 11 ounces and 29 inches tall.  I think most of his weight is in his thighs.  He has gloriously chunky thighs.
  • Just got back from Rosalie's 9m check up. She's 27" and 15lbs 12oz. Apparently she dropped off the charts for weight and they are concerned so we need to come back in a month for a weight check. I was so upset when they told me she isn't getting enough calories and that I should start formula feeding cause apparently I'm starving my kid.
    She nurses every 3-4 hrs during the day and every 1-2 hrs at night. She also eats 4-6oz of baby food mixed with cereal 3x/day and has finger foods/snacks about every hr during the day. My kid eats like a cow. Where am I supposed to squeeze in extra calories? :(
    Munchkin born 11/22/11
    Pipsqueak born 6/9/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • A couple of weeks ago, she was 16.10 pounds and 27.5 inches, at her appointment.

We are still on the paci too -- I thought we were going to lose it when she was stuffy last week and couldn't really use it, but she's needed it since then. I'm not too worried at this point. She only uses it for sleep and in the car sometimes, really.

• we went on tuesday for the 9 month checkup and my son is 30.5 in and 21 lbs 10.5 oz.. his weight went from 50th to 75th percentile, but he's still pretty lean.

he never used a paci, good luck with the weaning!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"