Trouble TTC
Options

Help needed re: 7DPO monitoring

Hi ladies,

This cycle I took 50mg Clomid CD3-9 and have had u/s every 2-3 days since CD10. Along the way I took estradiol to thicken my lining and waited until I had two mature follicles (17-19mm) to take the trigger shot on CD22. Today I went in for 7DPO monitoring and my lining was only 6.5mm (I'm pretty sure it was around 8 or 9 when I was there a week ago) and the u/s showed that one of my follicles probably ruptured but there was an 18mm still sitting there! Is this normal?

I have been taking progesterone suppositories since CD25 and my progesterone came back today at 12.8. The RE said that was 'adequate' proof that I ovulated at least one egg and have to wait until next Monday to test.

I'm feeling uneasy and that this cycle is a bust despite being very hopeful until today. Do you think I might still have a chance this cycle? Google isn't helping me much Huh?

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Help needed re: 7DPO monitoring

• Options

Yes, you did ovulate one follie, but it sounds like the other is becoming a cyst...it might go away on it's own soon so try not to worry about it.  If this cycle is a bust they will check it on your cd3 baseline next cycle.  

Because you ovulated one, your 12.8 is a decent p4 for 7dpo.  They like to see a 10 or higher on natural cycles and 15 on medicated cycles but I have seen PG women graduate off this board with p4's as low as 4 after a positive beta so don't let that number fool you!! 

What I would be worried about is the lining thickness.  It's right at that point where it's still thick enough for implantation but just barely.  (I've heard they want it at an 8 or thicker but that implantation is possible at as thin as 6...but I was told that number for when you are ovulating.  I have no idea what it should be at 7dpo because I've never had a reading then on lining).

Try to just remember that you only have a week left to find out, and no matter what your RE will have learned from this cycle and be able to make a plan for next cycle if this one is a bust but you are not out until AF shows her face.  

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"