Parenting after a Loss

Who else chopped their hair post partum?

So two years ago, I donated my super long locks and buzzed my head.  Since then I've been growing it back with the intentions of probably doing the same thing again eventually.  I have super thick hair to begin with and honestly didn't notice any change during my pregnancy.  Now that I'm 3 months PP however, my hair is falling out like crazy.  Not noticeable to other people, but wow the shower drain is probably pissed.  

Anyways, it's a bit past my shoulders and tomorrow I'm chopping it pixie-cut style.  I can't stand the hair falling out, it is driving me nuts!  I only wear it in a bun all the time now and I'm sick of it!  So.....I'm freeing myself from sweeping the bathroom every morning and pulling gobs of hair from the brush etc etc.  Who else is on the fence or has done it or dreams of it or heck, who is totally against the "you just had a baby hair chop" LOL?  Just curious for conversation. :)  
? J + J = 5/29/10.?
TTC since 8/2010. Irregular cycles after stopping BCP.
1st BFP! 3/26/11. Missed M/C - D&C 5/2/11.
Always missed: Our little Blueberry. It's Never Over.
2nd BFP! 9/3/11 on last unmedicated cycle! EDD: 5/11/12
1stBeta @13DPO = 289, 2ndBeta @15DPO = 619!
? Clementine Lorraine, we love you so much already! ?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Who else chopped their hair post partum?

• I keep thinking of doing it :)  I've never been afraid to chop my hair -- I've had it short multiple times in my life.. lucky for me, my hair grows like a WEED and so within 6 months or so of cutting it short, it grows back significantly.. when I was in my first trimester, I cut my hair in a chin length stacked wedge style because I was puking all the time and it was easier to hold back if it was short LOL.. now, almost 2 months PP, my hair is just below my shoulders.. I keep thinking.. hmm if I cut it again it would be easy to handle, again!! But, I also like the convenience of being able to throw it up in a pony tail.. couldn't do that when it was short.. and, I have SUPER thick hair with calics (sp??), so I had to blow it out every day to style it..

Post of before and after picture of you tomorrow!! Who knows, maybe I'll jump on the bandwagon :)

Loss #1: 18w5d.. D&E 04Mar03 BFP #2: Jun2011.. missed miscarriage. D&C 08Jul2011 8w4d. BFP #3: Nov2011.. Our Rainbow Baby!!! DS Born: 15Jul2012! BFP #4: Nov2012.. 2U1 - DS2 born 12Jul2013.  BFP #5: 01Jan2014..3U3!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My blog about raising 2U2!
  • I'm debating it. I have 3 hairstyles dubbed "the mommy look"...pony tail, messy bun, side braid. It doesn't help that it's a million degrees here and my hair is super thick.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I like Johnny's June, wear the mommy styles.  I guess I'm waiting for the fall to come before I chop it all off.  I like the way my short hair looks with caps so I think I'm going to go for it.  I just want to wait for beach season to be over before I take the leap.

imagephoto BeachAudrey6-23-2013_zps95b514cd.jpgphoto TRCALBadge_zpse0b3d2cb.jpg
    BFP #1 9-22-10 Missed M/c 10-18-10 D&E 10-28-10

BFP #2 5-9-11 EDD 1-12-12 Audrey Rachel born 1-12-12

BFP #3 9-21-13 EDD 5-30-14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @missbea - I'll try and pip a before & after :)  I hope it comes out how I'm envisioning.... lol

@Johnny's June - I too have dubbed a few mommy looks! The low bun, the high bun, and the messy bun. lol  If mine was longer I'd def add in the side pony!

@ Oatoa - If I had beach access, I'd probably wait too!
    ? J + J = 5/29/10.?
    TTC since 8/2010. Irregular cycles after stopping BCP.
    1st BFP! 3/26/11. Missed M/C - D&C 5/2/11.
    Always missed: Our little Blueberry. It's Never Over.
    2nd BFP! 9/3/11 on last unmedicated cycle! EDD: 5/11/12
    1stBeta @13DPO = 289, 2ndBeta @15DPO = 619!
    ? Clementine Lorraine, we love you so much already! ?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm getting my hair cut this week. I have pretty long hair, and Im tired of it falling out. I found hair in R's diaper and his chunk rolls. I'm planning on cutting it to my shoulders - that's about as short as I'll go. 

I currently have my hair in a bun too. Can't stand my hair down. it's also losing its luster. I want my nice preggy hair back! 

Missed m/c at 11.5wks, baby stopped developing at 9wks, D & C 12/10 ; BFP 6/11 EDD 3/16/11, DS born 40w1d at 6lbs 12 oz. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I did! And so glad. I have curly hair and the shorter style takes less time to straighten and looks better. My hair also grows very quickly.. I got a pixie cut before my BFP and before I had Burke it was past my shoulders. I got it cut chin length before I had him and then again ear length after.
  • I got a super cute haircut right before we got our BFP, but my hair grew so crazy during pregnancy that I couldn't keep it up. Now I'd kind of like to get it back to a length where I can do a ponytail or a messy bun... right now I've got this weird sort of get-my-hair-out-of-my-face top knot going on! I have naturally curly hair and I wear it that way, so short-short isn't an option.

imageimageimageTTC since 07/11 | natural m/c 08/11 | BFP 12/6/2011 | Elinor Anna born 8/18/2012 | BFP #2 1/16/2014
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I did because I was tired of all the globs of hair falling out. 
    From miscarriages, a diagnosis of a bicornuate uterus, and fibroid removal surgery...It's been quite the journey but it was all well worth it. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm cutting mine tonight! It has gotten super long and heavy and giving me headaches. I'm getting a barely touches the shoulder bob and color, can't wait!
    TTC Since Oct 08 BFP #1- 1/23/09, missed m/c 2/26/09 BFP #2- 9/8/09, natural m/c 9/16/09 BFP #3- 4/13/10, missed m/c 5/26/10 BFP #4- 4/6/11 beta#1 at 12dpo-133 prog-55.7, beta#2 at 16dpo- 861 DD born 12/8/2011 BFP#5- 11/23/12 EDD 7/25/13 Dx- Uterine septum (removed Aug 2010), endo, MTHFR C677t hetero, Factor II hetero, Low Protein S Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"