Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Favorite "bigger kid" toys

DS is so busy, and none of his old favorites hold his attention anymore. I play with him most of the day and read to him and let him use me as his jungle gym, but I'm looking for some good toys and activities for independent play too. We have a walk-behind activity center and he loves that, so I think I'd like to get a couple more big items like that. What are some of your LOs' favorite "bigger kid" toys right now? They don't even have to be proper toys; feel free to suggest favorite improvised toys and household items too.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

Re: Favorite "bigger kid" toys

• He loves the FP Laugh and Learn Kitchen (lots on CL for cheap), empty diaper boxes, laundry baskets, and big cars he can push.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DSs favorites right now are the laugh and learn vacuum, popcorn popper push toy, FP parking garge and all balls.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Loading the player...
  • DD2 loves things she can crawl all over, so I will often just throw some pillows and blankets on the floor and let her go nuts. We also have a few giant stuffed animals I add to the mix. Tupperware and wooden spoons keep her occupied while I cook sometimes, and she loves to bang on her sister's little piano.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Well, DS has a 3.5 year old sister, so he's exposed to a LOT of toys! He plays with her Barbies (watch the samll shoes!), puzzle pieces, farm toys with the barn and farm animals, a mini-grocery shopping cart that he loves to walk around with, play golf clubs (watch out, he swings a mean club!), books (still just chews on them) anything that makes music, balls, blocks, etc.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Those are some great ideas. Thanks, ladies!

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"