Food Allergy

Cow's Milk & Goat Milk Allergy?

Is anyone's LO allergic to both cow and goat milk? If so, did they have similar reactions to both?

My LO is really allergic to cow's milk and his pedi suggested trying goat's milk. I am terrified of trying it because of how he reacted to the cow's milk. I did give him 2 bites of goat's milk yogurt and he seemed fine but didn't like it anyways. 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Cow's Milk & Goat Milk Allergy?

• They share something like 90 of the same proteins. The vast majority of people with a true allergy to cow milk cannot tolerate goat milk. I think your pediatricians suggestion was ill informed and potentially dangerous. A pediatric allergist should ideally be advising you.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Good to know, thank you. It seems like pediatricians know NOTHING about food allergies. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • imagemrsannie:
    Good to know, thank you. It seems like pediatricians know NOTHING about food allergies. 

It's frustrating, I know. I had to go around our pediatrician to get a referral to a pediatric allergist (got my GP to give it to us instead). She felt it wasn't necessary and I disagreed.

• imagemrsannie:
    Good to know, thank you. It seems like pediatricians know NOTHING about food allergies. 

It's frustrating, I know. I had to go around our pediatrician to get a referral to a pediatric allergist (got my GP to give it to us instead). She felt it wasn't necessary and I disagreed.

• imageababymaybe:
    They share something like 90 of the same proteins. The vast majority of people with a true allergy to cow milk cannot tolerate goat milk. I think your pediatricians suggestion was ill informed and potentially dangerous. A pediatric allergist should ideally be advising you.

Ditto this exactly---his first pediatric allergist said stay away from goat's milk.  We did rice milk because he had a nut/peanut allergy so no almond milk for us. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"