Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

1 Year B-Day at Daycare

My LO's birthday is coming up, and I wanted to see if anyone did any type of celebration at daycare for your LO.   His daycare doesn't want parents bringing in any foods for the other kiddos.  Is there anything else that you can do to celebrate?  It just feels a little weird to not do anything for his birthday at a place that is such a big part of his day-to-day life.

Re: 1 Year B-Day at Daycare

• Options
    You could bring something special to do, like bubbles.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

Parties are encounged at DS's daycare center. His will be later this week with a rainbow theme and we are having rainbow cupcakes and party hats ... all the kids will get tie dyed t-shirts we made and rainbow swirl playground balls. Its towards the end of the day so it will just be a fun play time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC 1 yr, BFP m/c 6weeks IUI #1-8 BFN IVF #1-2 - BFN Laproscopic - clear IVF #3 - BFP!!!!! 12/23 Beta #1-122, 12/29 Beta #2 - 1230, 1/4 Beta #3 8000+
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh I love the bubbles idea!  Are there any other ideas of how to may LO's birthday special if he is only turning one?  Thanks for your input ladies!
  • Options
    Ok, to add to the bubbles, maybe a bubble machine. $15 at target. Or balloons with helium. I wouldn't do latex, but maybe some Mylar balloons from the dollar store...
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I really don't think for the first year I would do anything.  The kid's don't care at that age.  I'm normally ok with doing things for kids that won't remember, but this just seems like it would be a pain for the people who work at the daycare to do a party for a child a group of kids who would be oblivious.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DD's daycare suggests donating a book to the class.  They also do some kind of little birthday ceremony, although probably not for the 1-year-olds.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If nothing else, I'll dress her in a special birthday outfit and maybe try to pick her up a little earlier than usual. 
  • Options
    we brought in cake for the teachers, and they had hats for the girls. they took a lot of photos for us.
  • Options

I agree bringing something for a non-food party sounds nice.  Bubbles, maybe party hats?

ETA: I had said balloon but just saw other post about those being a PITA for providers and could totally see how that would happen.  OUr DD is at daycare on her birthday but they have no allergies so we can bring cupcakes which is all I'm doing -- she takes a photo of all the kids and they sing. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"