Pregnant after 35
Options

PG>35 weekly check-in

2»

Re: PG>35 weekly check-in

• Options
    imagelovelyday39:

QOTW: Have you chosen your nursery decor yet? If yes, what is your theme? For the ladies that are just early on, have you any basic ideas? Where do/will you look for inspiration?

If it's a girl, I'm all about multiple shades of purple :) A boy- vintage race car theme. (DH is a huge gearhead) I look all over for inspiration. I'm chomping at the bit to recover a lamp right now- lol! Can't wait to find out the sex.

Updates or vents? First appt is tomorrow, eek! 8w6d- U/S w/nurse practitioner. Pretty nervous about it b/c all of a sudden a few days ago, my nausea disappeared. Anything makes me worry nowadays. :(

Have no fear, just when you think the nausea is gone for good, it will come back withe a vengence!  And if it doesn't consider yourself lucky.  I had not one moment of nausea with DS#1, but DS#2 has been a completely different story.  I felt like I was on a boat for 3 months in the middle of the ocean in rough seas.  Not fun!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageJumpin4joy:

QOTW:  Have you chosen your nursery decor yet?  If yes, what is your theme?  For the ladies that are just early on, have you any basic ideas?  Where do/will you look for inspiration? We are doing an "ocean" theme and using the Ahoy Mate bedding from Nojo.  I bought wall decals of sailboats, whales, scuba divers (for my DF) and sea turtles.  I plan to use the bumpers from the bedding set as my window valances.  I am waiting for my MIL to arrive in a about at week to help me with those.

Updates or vents? I am 37 weeks with 20 days left!!! I had my last U/S growth scan on Monday.  Baby boy is still head down (since 30 weeks) and he's so low they could not get an accurate head measurement.  They estimate him currently at 7 lbs 7 oz. so he's still on track to be 9 lbs. EEK! All is well healthwise though and I am super thankful for that.  

My last day at work is this Friday and boy am I ready! I've almost got everything done that I can and I'm pretty sick of sitting here being uncomfortable.  It will be nice to be home and get enough rest! 

You are definitely in the stretch run now.  My DS was 9lbs even when he was born (head down from 28w) and let me tell you, it was tough to push him out past my pubic bone.  Hopefully it will be easier for you and your lo will be facing anterior, rather than posterior like my guy.  Whatever the case, you will meet your little man very soon...so EXCITING!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagebenoitfan:
    imagelovelyday39:

QOTW: Have you chosen your nursery decor yet? If yes, what is your theme? For the ladies that are just early on, have you any basic ideas? Where do/will you look for inspiration?

If it's a girl, I'm all about multiple shades of purple :) A boy- vintage race car theme. (DH is a huge gearhead) I look all over for inspiration. I'm chomping at the bit to recover a lamp right now- lol! Can't wait to find out the sex.

Updates or vents? First appt is tomorrow, eek! 8w6d- U/S w/nurse practitioner. Pretty nervous about it b/c all of a sudden a few days ago, my nausea disappeared. Anything makes me worry nowadays. :(

Have no fear, just when you think the nausea is gone for good, it will come back withe a vengence!  And if it doesn't consider yourself lucky.  I had not one moment of nausea with DS#1, but DS#2 has been a completely different story.  I felt like I was on a boat for 3 months in the middle of the ocean in rough seas.  Not fun!

Thanks for the reassurance BF- I just don't know what to think right now! I just hope and pray I can get back to eating more healthfully. I'm definitely still in the food aversion phase- the grocery store is the gauntlet of torture right now- bleh. This baby is going to be made of sugar and cheese. :)

RE: the diff. in your two pregnancies- isn't it bizarre how each one is so unpredictable? I imagine 3 mo's of MS that felt that sea sickness was beyond rough- you poor thing!

• Options
    imagelovelyday39:
    imagebenoitfan:
    imagelovelyday39:

Thanks for the reassurance BF- I just don't know what to think right now! I just hope and pray I can get back to eating more healthfully. I'm definitely still in the food aversion phase- the grocery store is the gauntlet of torture right now- bleh. This baby is going to be made of sugar and cheese. :)

RE: the diff. in your two pregnancies- isn't it bizarre how each one is so unpredictable? I imagine 3 mo's of MS that felt that sea sickness was beyond rough- you poor thing!

Ya, it's crazy.  I was sure this one was a girl because it has been so different from my pg with DS.  I basically had no symptoms with him other than missed periods.  Gained no weight til about 18w and only gained 18lbs.  This time around, I had insane nausea (finally broke down and took an rx for that which really helped, but God forbid I forgot a dose), 3 crazy bleeding episodes requiring trips to ER or L&D in 2nd tri and weight gain in excess of what I gained my entire first pg, all by 26w.  Oh and I just found out I failed my 1hr GTT.   I have to say that pg with DS#1 was MUCH easier than DS#2 has been so far.

• Options

imagebeforesunrise:
    Thanks Benoitfan for the well wishes and hopes for "normal" pregnancy. I don't want to say too much to jinx it (and be less understanding to those who are having it harder), but first trimester was so easy for me and all our test results have been great. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop, honestly and something to hit hard: Until then, I count my blessings and take them as they come. Hope you are feeling better!

I can share these sentiments. My first was surprisingly easy, and so far, so is this second one. I keep worrying that something is going to go wrong.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

QOTW:
    We went the "easy" route on the nursery. For DD, we picked out a nice neutral theme. Target had a cute jungle theme in beige and sage greens with cute animals and trees. We still have all of this and most of our original stuff for the crib that incoming DS will use. I had also painted the room to go with it, with a blue sky ceiling with fluffy white clouds above and a smiling sun on the angled part of the wall/ceiling so as to be easily visible to waking little ones. (Oh and I recreated some of the theme trees on the walls too.)

The fun part had been the project of turning the guest room into DD's big girl room. Now mostly done. She's been living in it almost two weeks now. I still need to paint some little wall hanging of her theme characters (Octonauts, on Disney Jr.), so the room has a bit of an underwater look with sea creatures I painted on the knobs of her new dresser. And lots of blue/green shades. She loves it.

Updates/Vents:
    Been on iron supplements nearly a week now and I wish they were working already (OB said it would probably take close to a month to really feel the improvement.) But I'm hopeful. on the other hand, LO seems to have an endless supply of energy. He's very distracting. Smile
    30 weeks tomorrow. And I have my next appt and u/s next Thursday at 31 weeks.
    Into the home streeeeeetch. (ow)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the voice of reason. I think the hormones are making me anxious. I am usually pretty relaxed, but it's really hard right now.
    About me:AMA 41 BFP 8/1/12 EDD 4/8/12 Found no Heartbeat 9/5/12 D&C 9/12/12

BFP 12/13/12 EDD 8/22/13 Lilah Ruby born 8/8/13

http://lb1f.lilypie.com/zdSMm7.png
  • Options
    Update: U/S was great today! Baby is right on time at almost 9 weeks. Good strong heart beat and we could see little arms/legs moving a tiny bit. I was in shock b/c I was expecting the worst (b/c that's how I roll). EDD is now April 6th (vs original April 5th). Sh#t just got real! ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"