Rhode Island Babies

Water Birth at Memorial?

I delivered my son at Memorial and at the time they didn't have water birth as an options but I recently saw on the RI Birth Network that they now allow tubs for water birth.

Has anyone been on a tour lately and found that to be true? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Water Birth at Memorial?

• I can email an OB nurse I know who works there and let you know what I hear back if i can get in touch w/ her!

Married 5/2/09 To my best friend 
    Lillianna Faith Born 8/26/10- My big girl kindergartner!
    Peach- MC 3/2012
    Logan Christopher Born 2/3/13- My little fighter, cardiac defects, 2 cancer scares and more surgery, tests, MRIs, cat scans, xrays than most people would have to face their whole life.   

Pregnancy Ticker
  •  We do offer a birthing tub, but Newport hospital is the only hospital where actual "water births" are possible. Basically, we have a tub that allows you to labor in with telemetry available, but not to actually deliver in the tub...however, sometimes it "happens". 

This is the response I got.  Oh the joys of easy contact through facebook! 

Married 5/2/09 To my best friend 
    Lillianna Faith Born 8/26/10- My big girl kindergartner!
    Peach- MC 3/2012
    Logan Christopher Born 2/3/13- My little fighter, cardiac defects, 2 cancer scares and more surgery, tests, MRIs, cat scans, xrays than most people would have to face their whole life.   

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you!!!

I delivered my son there and labored in the tub for a couple of hours and loved it. I wasn't sure if they had changed their policy since then. I actually talked to my OB (who was there for part of my last labor/delivery) and she said that she's been consulting with them to get an official water birth policy in place. Until then, I might explore Newport Hospital even though it's farther away. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"