Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Food Ideas for 4 yr old boy's bday party

My son will be 4 in October and I'm planning to do a party from 3-5pm. I'm trying to think of what kinds of snacks to offer other then the cupcakes. I'm def. planning to do fruit and gold fish but was looking for some other easy and light items since its not a meal time.

Thanks!

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Food Ideas for 4 yr old boy's bday party

• Options
    We has my sons party at that time and had popcorn (during the bowling ) and enough pizza for everyone to have a slice or two prior to the cupcakes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    A party from 3-5, I would expect dinner. Pizza and sandwiches are the easiest.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

last year for a 6yo party, we grilled hot dogs early on and let them stay warm in a roaster and i had a crock pot of chili and a crock pot of nacho cheese. the work consisted of pouring things in crock pots and my husband grilling hot dogs. everybody then had a choice of just hot dogs, chili/cheese dogs, plain nachos ( i set out nacho chips), chili cheese nachos, or just a bowl of chili (with the fixins of course).

i bought a bag from the store for the chili where you just add the meat and water. it worked out great and gave options for everyone.

• Options
    We did DD's party from 2-4 and I got a fruit tray, veggie tray, chips, pretzels, and cake.  Literally everything got eaten, it was great. :)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagelmdbww:
    We did DD's party from 2-4 and I got a fruit tray, veggie tray, chips, pretzels, and cake.  Literally everything got eaten, it was great. :)

For me a 2-4 party does not need dinner because people can get home at 5 or 6 and eat but a 3-5 party with snacks will fill up kids and they will not eat at 5:15-6 which would be dinner time.  I would either make it clear (if not too late) that only cake will be served or I would serve dinner even if it is a light one.

Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Options
    We've been to a couple parties that has pretzel nuggets and some dipping sauces from the Pretzel Factory.   Those things are always a hit!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"