February 2013 Moms
Options

Well, that was fun... VENT

So, I went to a girlfriends bachlorette party last night. I honestly don't know why I even agreed to still going, I really didn't think it was going to be all that bad. I only know the bride, but usually I'm really outgoing so I figured it'd be a good time nonetheless.

This was my first group club/dancing outing since becoming pregnant. And wow. Did I ever have a blast...NOT. Between the drunken entourage, the bloated bump that made getting into my LBD nearly impossible, being reminded every 5 minutes that I was pregnant, and how I was missing out on drinking with everyone then having to dance the night away in 5 inch stilettos (and put on a big smile & best'o'spirits for the Bride), I couldn't wait to get the heck out of there. I just about bit off my best friends head this afternoon when we were texting about plans tonight, and I asked about bringing snacks and her reply was " Well, I have wine- but you can't have any". Thank you for the reminder. I don't know if it's the hormones, or maybe I can just chalk it up to bad judgement on my part surrounding myself with a rowdy crowd when I knew I wouldn't be partaking in the partying. I really just wanted to be there to celebrate my friends last night out, not to have every conversation redirected at me about either being pregnant or what I was missing out on because I was pregnant.

On the plus side, the MOH put us all up at her place for the night & saved the only spare bed in the house for me which was super thoughtful, considering she had never even met me before. We all went swimming and lounged by the pool this afternoon which was definitely the most enjoyable part of the experience. 

Thanks for reading, I feel better. I shall go sip my sparkling grape juice in peace now : ) 

Pregnancy Ticker image

Re: Well, that was fun... VENT

• Options
    I don't think I would have had fun in that situation either. I would probably have driven myself so I could leave whenever, and/or maybe just meet up for dinner and then go home. Sounds like you were a trooper!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Congrats to both my TTC buddies, Amberley18 and sb2006 on their beautiful babies!
  • Options

That's definitely a hard situation! I know how you feel! 

I went to a wedding a few weeks back and I felt the same way. And go figure - the one thing I was looking forward to in my condition (the meal) was buffet-style that ran out of a bunch of things when it was my table's turn to go up and the things I did get were cold! 

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I have to attend one next month that I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to or not.  The bride doesn't drink, so at least I'll have that going for me, but I'm usually in bed by 8, so I have a feeling I might get a little cranky... :/

I'm sorry you had a rough night.  There is nothing worse than people reminding you over and over that you can't drink.  In case you forgot in the last 5 minutes, right?!  haha.  Glad the second day went better.  :)

• Options

Because of situations like these, which also make me feel really awkward, I turned down a big, drunken girl's beach trip last month.  it was hard, but I knew I would feel the same way you did on your night out.  When those ladies are pregnant one day, they will feel the same way, too!

It sounds like you had a great attitude and some fun... your bride friend will probably only remember your happy face, even if it was faked sometimes :)

• Options

Yeah I've got a bachelorette party to go to next month and I'm so not looking forward to it. The bride lives in the Seattle area but they're all coming down here (Portland area) for the weekend to celebrate. Dinner and out Friday, stuff all day Saturday and dinner and dancing that night, and breakfast on Sunday. Thankfully I have the excuse that I'm pregnant so I'm just gonna do dinner Friday and lunch Saturday and call it good. I'm not a huge fan of being out partying anyways, so I won't really miss that part. But I'm so glad I have a good excuse and I can gracefully bow out of the crazy parts without seeming rude. I can't imagine dancing all night in stilettos! You crazy girl!! 

The other annoying thing is that the girls planning the weekend keep adding expenses. Expensive hotel (which I thankfully don't have to stay in cause we live here), limo all night Saturday (which I'm thankfully not participating in), and now they've decided to give the bride a really expensive massage on Saturday morning as a "gift from all of us". But they also want us to bring lingerie gifts for her Friday night. If YOU would like to give her a massage as a gift, that's great! But just because I'm coming doesn't mean I want to shell out all this money for things that weren't my idea! Again, I'm SO glad I have a good excuse to bow out of a lot of it. 

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I get to do the same thing next month.. The plan seems to be meet up for cocktails, dinner, then dancing.. I'm planning to meet them for drinks since that will still be pretty tame and dinner, and will likely bow out before the dancing starts. My friends are pretty accepting of the fact that I won't be drinking, and I'm expecting to have a good time! (If I weren't preggers, there would be absolutely no excuse for the not drinking.. heh!)

I think that setting expectations early in advance (mostly, setting MY expectations!) and planning an escape route before things get obnoxious is the best way to go. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"