February 2013 Moms
Options

Nursery suggestions

Hey all,

We are turning one of our guest rooms into our nursery. It's already a yellow color kind of like this:

We want to keep the yellow color because we think it could work whether we have a boy or a girl. When we find out the sex, we'd like to do a little decorating with some accent colors in the curtains and pictures.

Does anyone have suggestions for colors that might work? Suggestions for either sex would be good. :D

Lilypie - (KNqh)

Re: Nursery suggestions

• Options
    I think you need to figure out an idea of bedding and go from there.  We also are using room that is painted about that color of yellow.  We are going to use some reds, browns and blues.  We are using a neutral theme. 
    April 10 IUI BFN Sept 10 IUI BRN Feb 11 IVF hoping for a BFP! Feb 27 ER 28 eggs Mar 4 8 health eggs, 2 ET Mar 17 - Beta 180!! BFP!!! Mar 21 - Beta 1295!! holy cow what a jump Coming soon 1st Sono March 30!!! Crossing fingers for healthy stick bean(s) Mar 29 miscarry :( 6w 3d 2nd IVF July 2011 BFP July 2011 M/C 11/11/11 hate to say good bye again! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 3rd IVF 4/3/12 ER 46 eggs (holly cow batman) 40 mature, 36 fertilized 4/8/12 ET 2 AB put back 4/10/12 15 make it to FREEZE 4/22/12 Beta BFN 1st FET 6/7/12 Day we are going to put back 2. 6/21/12 BFP 1285 6/25/12 4780 I hope this time they stick!! Deaglan William welcome. My rainbow is finally here February 7, 2013
  • Options
    I saw the cutest neutral yellow nursery with bedding that was a nursery rhyme theme ex. Cow jumping over the moon, dish running away with the spoon, humpty dumpty the whole nursery followed this theme it was adorable and worked well for boy or girl. I wanna say I found it on the land of nod, not sure anymore because we found out we are team blue and I'm
    In love with elephants so we're doing a blue elephant themed nursery
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think green, blue, and browns are great colors with yellow. 
  • Options

imagekrissywave:
    I think you need to figure out an idea of bedding and go from there.  We also are using room that is painted about that color of yellow.  We are going to use some reds, browns and blues.  We are using a neutral theme. 

After doing some reading, I don't think we're going to get a bedding set for the nursery. We won't be using a bumper, and the blanket won't be used really since we won't keep it in the crib with the baby. Maybe it would be used later, but I plan on making a baby blanket anyway. We'll be buying the fitted crib sheets, but those can be in any color really.

I like the colors you've picked. They sound nice. I was thinking browns or blues too, especially if it's a boy.

Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • Options
    Yellow and Grey is super chic!  Could be cute..
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks so much, ladies! I'm loving these suggestions! It really helps me get an idea of how we could make the original color work. :)
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • Options

imageKTMonson11:

I've been liking this color combo a lot lately!  Land of Nod has some super cute yellow and grey sheets that I would totally buy if I was a FTM. 

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• Options
    Another vote for yellow and gray, very trendy.
    imagetotes-your call/
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageericalee27:

imageKTMonson11:

I've been liking this color combo a lot lately!  Land of Nod has some super cute yellow and grey sheets that I would totally buy if I was a FTM. 

Also if you like this color combo, check out carouseldesigns.com, they have some stuff with these colors too! 

• Options
    My vote is for yellow and grey with white accents!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I'm doing yellow, lime and either raspberry or turquoise (depending on the sex). I'm also doing a polka dot and chevron thing...I'm just not big on the classic baby themes.
  • Options

imagepgros005:
    I'm doing yellow, lime and either raspberry or turquoise (depending on the sex). I'm also doing a polka dot and chevron thing...I'm just not big on the classic baby themes.

This sounds super cute!  Right now the plan for our nursery is to do Grey and white with turquois - then add accent colours when baby is here (depending on gender)..

• Options

I'm also loving the yellow and grey that's popular right now. And the blue color that almost looks grey is really nice with yellow too. These colors could go for either gender too which is great. 

I also really like nautical themes for a boy's room so you could do navy and white with it and get sail boat decor :)

For a girl I like the idea of accenting with raspberry colored stuff. That'd be super pretty 

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I really love the yellow and grey combo.

DD's room was already yellow, but we didn't start decorating until we knew what we were having. You could do green, and then once you know what you're having accent with either pink or blue. DD's room is very garden-y feeling w/ different shades of pink and green accenting the yellow. For a boy, I think the yellow walls would work well w/ either a nautical theme or even (some may not like this) like a pond theme (w/ frogs and ducks). 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?...But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:26-27&33-34
  • Options
    imageRiverSong82:

imagekrissywave:

After doing some reading, I don't think we're going to get a bedding set for the nursery. We won't be using a bumper, and the blanket won't be used really since we won't keep it in the crib with the baby. Maybe it would be used later, but I plan on making a baby blanket anyway. We'll be buying the fitted crib sheets, but those can be in any color really.

I like the colors you've picked. They sound nice. I was thinking browns or blues too, especially if it's a boy.

I hear ya abotu the whole bedding set.  Everyone is different when it comes to this.  But for us we are doing our based off a bedset we say and liked.  Plus it fits our situation. We are doing Artic theme for this baby.  With seals, whales, polar bears ect.  This baby is a FET and since it was frozen we thought it would go well boy or girl.

This is where our idea came from to help figure out ours

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12429468&cagpspn=pla&pla=plab

April 10 IUI BFN Sept 10 IUI BRN Feb 11 IVF hoping for a BFP! Feb 27 ER 28 eggs Mar 4 8 health eggs, 2 ET Mar 17 - Beta 180!! BFP!!! Mar 21 - Beta 1295!! holy cow what a jump Coming soon 1st Sono March 30!!! Crossing fingers for healthy stick bean(s) Mar 29 miscarry :( 6w 3d 2nd IVF July 2011 BFP July 2011 M/C 11/11/11 hate to say good bye again! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 3rd IVF 4/3/12 ER 46 eggs (holly cow batman) 40 mature, 36 fertilized 4/8/12 ET 2 AB put back 4/10/12 15 make it to FREEZE 4/22/12 Beta BFN 1st FET 6/7/12 Day we are going to put back 2. 6/21/12 BFP 1285 6/25/12 4780 I hope this time they stick!! Deaglan William welcome. My rainbow is finally here February 7, 2013
  • Options

imageKTMonson11:

I LOVE the yellow & grey look.  i pinned one bedding set but i think were gonna go a totaly different way with the theme... but if i was team green id totally do yellow & grey!

~Formerly~AngnShaun~

~~Transferred 2 Perfect Embryos 5/28 - BFP 6/4~~ HAILEY ELIZABETH ~2/16/13~ 6:39am ~ 6lbs 2oz ~ 20" long ~ 1 Year ~ 20lbs 14oz ~ 29.25"~
    ~10.10 Ectopic, 4.11 Nat m/c 9w, 8.11, 1.12, 3.12 CPs~

Follow Me on Pinterest

Angela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (100-in-2012 shelf)
    imageimage

• Options
    I plan on doing a yellow & grey nursery, but with grey walls and yellow ceiling. I love yellow & grey together and it can work for either sex. I've found bedding that I love for both boys and girls (and neutral too) in this color combo.
  • Options

I posted a link a few days ago about deciding on bedding. One of the ones I liked a lot was grey and tan/yellow. See link below:

https://www.babysupermall.com/main/products/glj/glj43340.html

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    imagekrissywave:
    imageRiverSong82:

imagekrissywave:

I hear ya abotu the whole bedding set.  Everyone is different when it comes to this.  But for us we are doing our based off a bedset we say and liked.  Plus it fits our situation. We are doing Artic theme for this baby.  With seals, whales, polar bears ect.  This baby is a FET and since it was frozen we thought it would go well boy or girl.

This is where our idea came from to help figure out ours

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12429468&cagpspn=pla&pla=plab

This set is really cute. I love your idea for a theme. I think it will be great. :)

Thanks again for all the suggestions, ladies. I really am liking the yellow and grey suggestions as well. This has really helped inspire some ideas for ways we can make our yellow nursery cute. 

Lilypie - (KNqh)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"