Parenting after a Loss

question about gas... also on 36

DD gets gas pretty bad. We give gripe water and that helps. Dr said she will out grow it, but I didn't ask when. If ur Lo had gas when did it get better? We will be 10th on Monday. Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: question about gas... also on 36

• 10th on Monday -- does that mean 10 months??  God I hope not :( 

My DS has TERRIBLE gas issues.. we've tried so many different things, and nothing seems to help.. I can't imagine dealing with this for 9 more months.. 

Loss #1: 18w5d.. D&E 04Mar03 BFP #2: Jun2011.. missed miscarriage. D&C 08Jul2011 8w4d. BFP #3: Nov2011.. Our Rainbow Baby!!! DS Born: 15Jul2012! BFP #4: Nov2012.. 2U1 - DS2 born 12Jul2013.  BFP #5: 01Jan2014..3U3!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My blog about raising 2U2!
  • I think she means 10w. 

His colic issues (which included a ton of lower GI gas issues) greatly improved just in time for the 4m wakeful.  Around 9-10 months, his reflux got measurably better and he was mostly burping himself. 

BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah that was auto correct. She will be 10 weeks Monday.
  • I'm glad to hear it improved at 4 months! That's not tooooooo far away! I just always feel so bad for her. :
  • This was DD's issue. She got MUCH better at 12 weeks. Still had some here and there, but it was worlds better. It was like having a new baby. So, perhaps you're almost there? Hope so! Gripe water was a huge help to us - we would give it to her in advance of eating. Also used mylicon drops and Bob Marley music. Odd, but it worked. I thought our pedi was nuts and she wasn't. It really helped calm DD and still does as a toddler!
    BFP #1, 12/22/09 - DD#1 born 9/2010
    BFP #2, 12/12/11, m/c 12/25/11
    BFP #3, 3/09/12, CP 3/10/12
    BFP #4, 7/22/12, DD#2 born 4/2013

• That's awesome. Crazy about the music.
  • DD still has gas issues at almost 10 weeks.  We use mylecon.  Gripe water only worked if it was reflux/burp related, so occasionally we alternated.  The pedi did suggest a non-dairy diet though because she had extreme gas on top of lots of spitting up.  That seemed to help alot, and when I have even a little dairy (butter, ect.), I can tell a huge difference.  Now her gas issues are minimal...once a day, or sometimes we'll have a bad day/day and half and then she'll have 2-3 huge bowel movements and be golden again.  Good luck!  I think most of it is just immature digestive system.  I've been told "this too shall pass."
  • The change was gradual.  Don't expect to wake up one morning and it'll suddenly go away.  It gradually started improving around 3m and was considerably better by 4m.  It also helped him (I was BFing) to cut out all dairy, even hidden dairy.  I was able to successfully add that back in after the 4m mark.   
    BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • Thank you for the advise.
  • imagebig_noise:
    This was DD's issue. She got MUCH better at 12 weeks. Still had some here and there, but it was worlds better. It was like having a new baby. So, perhaps you're almost there? Hope so! Gripe water was a huge help to us - we would give it to her in advance of eating. Also used mylicon drops and Bob Marley music. Odd, but it worked. I thought our pedi was nuts and she wasn't. It really helped calm DD and still does as a toddler!

Very interesting.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"