South Florida Babies

(Untitled)

TTC #1 - BFN; TTC #2 - BFN; TTC #3 - BFP!!! Beta 1 - 149 Beta 2 - 250 Beta 3 - 442 Beta 4 - 1987! BabyFruit Ticker Announcement

Re: (Untitled)

• For medical purposes or just because you want to see your baby? If it's for medical reasons, check out Nova or BC or any of the colleges that have sonography tech programs. If it's just because you want to see the baby, there are tons of 4D imaging places in the area. I went to one on Cypress Creek this past weekend because I couldn't wait until 20 weeks to find out the gender. It was very friendly, completely family run (mom at the desk, daughters doing the ultrasounds). I did a 15m ultrasound between 2D and 3D for $79 and they said any future visit for this pregnancy will drop to $49 for the same package. So it's really not that expensive.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Oh yeah and if you REALLY don't want to pay anything and don't mind being dishonest, FL has a law that a woman has to be offered an ultrasound before an abortion so you can always go to an abortion clinic and then claim you change your mind. There are also various catholic organizations that will provide free ultrasounds early on to keep women from getting abortions.
  • Loading the player...
  • My Dr. did an us at 9 weeks, 12 weeks and then closer to 20 weeks. You should ask your midwife why they do only one. The 1st one at 9 weeks was the date the pregnancy. They can not be 100% sure of your EDD until they do an us because going from the date of the LMP isn't always accurate. Then at 12 weeks it is part of the scan for conditions like down syndrome or other problems the fetus may have. At 20 weeks is the anatomy scan. We also did 2 elective ones at 15 weeks and then at 32 weeks. We did the elective ones at https://www.4dpictureperfect.com/ I really enjoyed it, the 1st elective one cost me $80 and then the 2nd (since we had been there before) only cost $40! I was super happy with this price since my 1st us at 9 weeks cost $125 (a place not covered by my insurance). Good luck

• imageRachgirl12:

My Dr. did an us at 9 weeks, 12 weeks and then closer to 20 weeks. You should ask your midwife why they do only one. The 1st one at 9 weeks was the date the pregnancy. They can not be 100% sure of your EDD until they do an us because going from the date of the LMP isn't always accurate. Then at 12 weeks it is part of the scan for conditions like down syndrome or other problems the fetus may have. At 20 weeks is the anatomy scan. We also did 2 elective ones at 15 weeks and then at 32 weeks. We did the elective ones at https://www.4dpictureperfect.com/ I really enjoyed it, the 1st elective one cost me $80 and then the 2nd (since we had been there before) only cost $40! I was super happy with this price since my 1st us at 9 weeks cost $125 (a place not covered by my insurance). Good luck

We also went there! I really liked it... very friendly and family-run. My husband found the tech a little too perky and wanted to strangle her at the end (he had just lost his father a week before, so it was a bitter-sweet day for him), but we were very satisfied with the location and will definitely be going back in our 6th or 7th month!

• Thanks ladies for the info.  We called around and found a women's clinic and told them we just wanted an ultrasound.  They said they would do it.  It was a huge mistake, though!  The Dr. was rude and refused to look for the heartbeat.  The clinic was seedy, gross, and scary.  So, we learned our lesson.  We'll just wait until we can get a 3d/4d ultrasound OR our 1 ultrasound.
    TTC #1 - BFN; TTC #2 - BFN; TTC #3 - BFP!!! Beta 1 - 149 Beta 2 - 250 Beta 3 - 442 Beta 4 - 1987! BabyFruit Ticker Announcement
  • Try Nova. Colleges are always cheap because students are doing them. Most 3D places won't do them until at least 15w.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"