October 2012 Moms

Belly Expanding Overnight!!

I don't think about my expanding belly very much. When I look down at it it doesn't look that big to me. I put my hands on it to feel baby boy when he's moving and sometimes I rest my hands on it. People don't comment on it, some ask when I'm due but they never say "you look like you could go any day now." Nothing to that affect.

So today I go to the bathroom at work(our bathroom is a one person bathroom), when I'm pulling up my pants and my shirt down, turn to the side and look at my belly. HOLY COW!! I really had no clue how big it has gotten!! I also noticed that my belly button, while not poking out is starting to flatten some. I am in awe of it!!

I know it is a silly revalation!! You would think I might have noticed sooner, even more so since I enjoy being naked a little more now!! I don't know why but after I shower I like to lay in bed in just underwear, or I fold my laundry in the bedroom in only underwear!! I never did this before!

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Belly Expanding Overnight!!

• I totally get what you mean when you look down at your belly. Mine doesn't look big to me at all but I will have DH take a photo of me and I think "Oh man is that really how I look?!" Right now I am all belly!!

Oh and I totally walk around the house with my shirt lifted up over my belly. I might have to try just staying in my underwear.. sounds fun. :-) 

• My sister has been bugging me for a picture of my bump so today I finally decided to take one. HOLY MOLY! I AM HUGE! lol. I would expect to be this size walking into the hospital to give birth...not 7 weeks away from my due date. It's no wonder people just smile at me as I waddle by.
    =BFP#1 11/2009, It's a boy! 3/2010, Our Angel Ian born sleeping 7/3/2010 (cord accident 37w5d); BFP#2 1/2011, mmc confirmed 2/24/2011, incomplete natural mc so had D&C 3/11/2011; BFP#3 6/19/2011, natural mc 6/21/2011; BFP#4 7/15/2011, no hb at 7w5d, D&C 9/7/2011; BFP#5 2/6/2012, baby boy born on 9/27/2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Lucky you are just noticing it, I am in awe of how I can even carry my stomach how huge it is. I gained about 20 lbs and with the looks of it they are all in my belly. Today at the supermarket a lady I know (has 2 kids of her own) was like are you having more than one and than when I said no and mentioned that I am due 2 months from today she was in pure shock. All I could master to say was that everyone carries differently. One upsetting thing for me this week was the strechmarks that started to show up (i thought i was going to skip them at least). 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Does the camera add an extra 10lbs for me and an extra 10lbs for the baby, too? I asked my husband to take a photo of me to send to my aunt who requested a bump pic, and I know he is usually not great at taking flattering pics of me but my gosh I looked HUGE in the photo. There is no way I look like that... riiight? (He says I do.)

But seriously every other week or so I notice that over the course of a couple of days my belly "sprouts" a bit, and then stays that way for a couple weeks until it sprouts again. But when I look down it never seems that big, it's just when I turn sideways in the mirror. :) 

ivalita ~ expecting our first baby in october 2012 ~ keeping gender & name a secret until then! image image IAmPregnant Ticker
  • imageDana327:
    Lucky you are just noticing it, I am in awe of how I can even carry my stomach how huge it is. I gained about 20 lbs and with the looks of it they are all in my belly. Today at the supermarket a lady I know (has 2 kids of her own) was like are you having more than one and than when I said no and mentioned that I am due 2 months from today she was in pure shock. All I could master to say was that everyone carries differently. One upsetting thing for me this week was the strechmarks that started to show up (i thought i was going to skip them at least). 

I've only gained a little more than 5lbs. I was considered overweight prepregnancy so thats part of it. I was also sick for the 1st tri and part of the 2nd. I lost 10lbs. I gained that back and the 5lbs but I've been holding steady since then. I have to follow a GD diet so that has cut back on what I eat and how much I eat.

All the weight  is in my belly though. We had an u/s with MFM Tuesday and they said baby is around 5 1/2lbs.

I've always had stretch marks here and there. I just blame my mother and grandmother since it's mainly genetic!!

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I guess it is hard to "really" know what you look like from day to day. I keep looking at my belly and I swear it is shrinking. I do not look like other pregnant woman probably because I am very overweight and have a pooch even when I am not pregnant. But when I look at my stomach it doesn't look "pregnant" at all, just kinda fat. :( 
    Oct Angel Babies Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image image
  • I totally get what you are saying!  We don't have any full lenght mirrors in our house so I had no idea how big I was.  I look down and I think, that's not too bad.  When I started back to work in August (I'm a teacher), there is a big mirror in the restroom and I couldn't believe how big I was when looking at the side view.  It's hard to imagine that it's going to get bigger...
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I know that I'm bigger at 31 weeks just because I'm barely 5 ft tall...so there's only so much room for her to go in me.  But the other day a clerk at a store said, "When are you due?  ....OH!  I thought you were due in a week or so, you're really big!" 

Thanks, lol.  But it's amazing how much your body can expand for this...it almost feels like it'll never go back, lol.

• I am right there with you. I didnt realize how big it was getting until this morning after being gone all weekend and crawling into my van.(we used dhs truck all weekend) that my belly was rubbing the steering wheel and I had to raise it and move my seat back a little bit.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"