Snarky and T-TTC

(Untitled)

30 yrs, healthy & TTC since April 2010 
DH 32yrs & healthy
*unexplained infertility* 

Regularly access alternative medicine to supplement a lack of resources in our geographical area.
  • Three rounds of clomid (50mg days 3-7) were useless.
  • IUI#1 w/clomid & HCG in May 2013, BFN.
  • IUI#2 w/clomid & HCG on July 23rd. BFN.
  • IUI #3 in August cancelled last minute, due to lab error.
  • IVF#1 - Started Gonal F stims October 13 2013 for IUI. Over-responded with too many follicles, so converted to IVF. Retrieval October 29th - got 5 eggs, 4 fertilized. Had 2 perfect little embryos transferred on day 3 (Nov. 1). The remaining 2 didn't survive to freeze. Got our BFN on November 13th 2013.
  • IVF#2 - Started stims August 21st. Triggered with Suprefact, started on dostinex due to risk of OHSS. Retrieval September 5th - got 27 eggs! 21 embryos on day 3. Embryos deteriorated quickly. ESet 5day blast on Sept 10. No embryos high enough quality to freeze. BFN came Sept. 22.

Reserved a semi-known proven donor in August .

Waiting for consult/screening and protocols with estimated fresh cycle timing in October

Re: (Untitled)

• I agree that a lot of people are insensitive.

But I think you also need to be somewhat proactive about it. You know, you don't have to paste on a happy face and pretend that all is well. If this is someone who knows your struggles, you are well within your rights to say, "I'm really happy for you, but I hope you understand that this can be hard for me, and there may be times I need to step away. Whether that means literally stepping away for a while, or sometimes avoiding baby-centric conversations. I hope you understand."

A good, sensitive friend will understand. And someone who doesn't, well, maybe they shouldn't be your friend right now.

• I completely understand where you are coming from. My husband and I have been trying for about a year now and it seems like everyone we know is pregnant. Last night my brother in law and his girlfriend announced to us that they are expecting....and they were definitely not trying. I put on a brave face at first, but the rest of the night I could barely hold back the tears. Of course I am happy for them and I am supportive, but I am also extremely jealous. Some people say that I am being selfish, but I really don't see why it matters that I'm jealous. I know that God has a plan for everyone and my time will come too, but I wish people would understand how I feel. When you want something SO bad and everyone around you has what you want....It's tough. My BIL and his gf haven't told any other family yet, but I can only imagine how that's going to go. I will be the first to admit that I like attention, and I'm not saying that they don't deserve it, but It's suppose to be me...my husband and I are ready, they are not. But, it is what it is I guess and I just have to do my best to smile through the pain. Stay strong :
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a friend that is having trouble trying to conceive and when I had an accidental pregnancy a year ago and I told her about it, but that I had mixed feelings about it and she could have mixed feelings too - she got really mad that I was being insensitive.  So even if you acknowledge that is is going to be difficult/awkward/whatever other word you used. for them, that doesn't always make someone happy.

Still trying to figure out if she was mad I assumed she wouldn't be 100% happy for me or mad that I wasn't %100 happy for myself ...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"