Working Moms

What does your baby wear to daycare during the summer?

I dress DS1 by the weather, but he's older and has outside recess during the day. When he was a baby, he wore very lightweight items in the summer, like onesies and shortalls. We're in Texas, so it's crazy hot in the summer, but the buildings all keep their a/c on high. Should I be buying layering pieces for DS2, so he can go from bundled inside to nearly bare for the ride home?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What does your baby wear to daycare during the summer?

• When my DD wasn't mobile and wasn't going outside much, I had her in footie PJs with onesie.  After she was mobile, she wore onesie w/ soft knit pants and I would normally leave a sweather there for her too.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I live in the NW so we have about 2 weeks of actual summer...so bear that in mind.  However, our house also does not have a/c (but the day care center does).  In the summer I send DS in short-sleeved onesies, pants, and socks.  I pull off the pants and socks when we get to the car and he just wears a onesie at home.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I send my 8 month old in t-shirts and shorts or onesies and shorts. Sometimes I send her in rompers or dresses. She is mobile, so maybe that makes a difference? Most of the babies in her class seem to be dressed similarly.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I dress DS in T-shirts and shorts, and on occasion I'll put an onesie on him.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image Mom to 4, pregnant with 2
  • I'm in tx as well. C has always worn dresses, bubbles, or swing tops/bloomers during the summer.
  • I'm in FL so we have a lot of summer weather. I send L in rompers and some cotton dresses with bloomers. I leave onesies there as her back up clothes. I don't find the infant room to be very cold at all but they will put a light blanket on them sometimes. 

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • I also live in Texas (central). When DD was an infant, I sent her in a onesie with pants almost every day. I LOVED the sets that they have at Target. They sell sets of 3 onesies and then sets of 2 pair of pants that match the onesies. I'd buy her 2-3 complete "sets" and she'd wear those to daycare almost everyday. If they did go outside and they felt she was too warm, they'd take off the pants and put them back on when they got back inside the building. I'd also take off the pants when I'd pick her up before I put her into the car for the ride home. Having the pants also proved to be nice when she started to crawl and I wanted to protect her knees.

ETA:

DD's daycare is always cool. I was always worried that she'd be too cool. The short sleeved onesie and pants seemed to be the best fit. Now that she's older, I do send her in shorts/capris and a short sleeved shirt, but she actually asked me yesterday if she could take a jacket to school because she's been cold. I went ahead and sent a lightweight jacket with her to school since she does play outside each day and she'd be way too warm in pants. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"