January 2012 Moms
Options

Car rides not fun anymore :(

DD has always loved car rides!

But this past week all she does is cry. And I think it's separation anxiety. She's perfectly happy while I'm putting her in the car seat and am standing next to her. As soon as I close the door it's over. She's crying. I don't know what to do anymore. I give her a toy, I sing to her, talk to her, play music, no music, not even holding her hand or touch her face helps anymore (I try this while at a stop light). Once I park and open the door she panics even more until I come around and open her door. Then it's instant grin and happiness and she starts reaching for me.

I am so stressed out now every day driving with her b/c she just cries.

Anybody else dealing with this? Any suggestions? This morning I just gave up trying and just let her cry. She did quiet down after about 5 minutes but it was so hard. :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Car rides not fun anymore :(

• Options
    We are at this point too.  This weekend I plan to change to the convertible car seat to see if this helps.  I hope that letting him sit up a little more and look around from his new seat will help him enjoy the carride.  I tried to hold out until it got cooler here but at this point I am willing to try anything as he doesn't stop crying...he will cry the whole car trip.
    Brenda & Phillip married 10/10/09 

After 6 years of failed cycles, we were blessed with our little man through adoption. 
    B born 1/3/2012. Adoption finalized 12/27/12

Back  on the IF crazy train...
    Sept 2013 - IVF #1 -  BFP, EDD 6/4/14, born 6/8/14
    Everyone welcome

• Options

imagebhead81:
    We are at this point too.  This weekend I plan to change to the convertible car seat to see if this helps.  I hope that letting him sit up a little more and look around from his new seat will help him enjoy the carride.  I tried to hold out until it got cooler here but at this point I am willing to try anything as he doesn't stop crying...he will cry the whole car trip.

Well, not to discourage you, but DD has been in her convertible carseat for about 3 weeks now. Loved it at first but now she's not happy with that either.

But maybe it will work for your little guy :) Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagebigbear:

imagebhead81:

Well, not to discourage you, but DD has been in her convertible carseat for about 3 weeks now. Loved it at first but now she's not happy with that either.

But maybe it will work for your little guy :) Good luck!

One can hope.  We are also just about out of his fit of his infant seat too...he is almost at the length limit so it is just about time to change.

Brenda & Phillip married 10/10/09 

After 6 years of failed cycles, we were blessed with our little man through adoption. 
    B born 1/3/2012. Adoption finalized 12/27/12

Back  on the IF crazy train...
    Sept 2013 - IVF #1 -  BFP, EDD 6/4/14, born 6/8/14
    Everyone welcome

• Options

imageLibraryChica:
    My DD has also discovered a deep hatred for her carseat. I moved her to a convertible, but nope. I think she dislikes being confined now that she's mobile. Think of me during my 7-hour roadtrip this weekend. Please, let her not wake up.

Oh I wish you best of luck!!! Hope it goes ok!!! FX

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"