Parenting after 35

Re: (Untitled)

• imagejessandandy09:
    Hi ! we started introducing the bottle to ev around4 weeks old.  The dr. assured us this was the best time.  she had no problems with it what-so-ever.  then she would get a bottle one time a day and I would pump while she had it.  The best way to introduce pumping is to pump right after you feed the baby.  this stimulates the "empty" milk ducts and tells them to produce more.  So for you first few days you might not get much milk, but then you should get more and more to store up.  also try to get the slowest flow nipple you can find, that helps the baby from getting lazy and not wanting to take the breast again later.  Good luck :-)

This sounds almost exactly like the advice that we got from both the doctor and one of the lactation consultants at the hospital. The other LC said to start pumping at around 10 days ... but that seems too early to me.

Stever, thanks for posting this. I have been considering when to start pumping. Mainly I'm so lazy/tired to deal with trying to figure out that big old pump, so that gives me a perfect excuse to hold off for a while longer.

I did hear and read that consistency is key with bottle/breast changeovers. Don't introduce a bottle and then skip it for an extended period. (obviously this is based on zero personal experience)

Let me know how it works out!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"