LGBT Parenting

Can we do something a little different?

Wedding photos? Bonus points for describing your wedding. Smile I'm feeling nostalgic. I'll come back and do it, I promise.

Re: Can we do something a little different?

• Not sure why it is so washed out (the real ones aren't), but here we are way back in 2004 :)  

Jen on the left, me on the right. We had been planning the wedding for a while and it became legal three weeks before our date so we scrambled to get a license. We happened to get married on the day of the Pride parade and the parade ran down the street in between the church where we got married and the restaurant where we had our afternoon reception. Lots of cheering for us as we walked down to the reception, including from the scantily-clad men on the leather club float. What a fun day :) Neither of us like dancing much so the reception was lots of Champagne and yummy finger food with a classical guitarist. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • emma+karen

Here you go!  We have so many great pictures, but this is always the favorite with "outsiders."  

We had our wedding in Austin, TX (so no, it wasn't legal) but it was SO much fun.  The church where we had the ceremony had been an "open and affirming" congregation for a long time but didn't have any LGBT members!  They were SO excited we found them and wanted to have our wedding there!  We had the reception at a cute B&B nearby in downtown Austin, and our family all stayed there.  Our DJ was awesome and had everyone dancing all night long!

Ah, memories...that was fun!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Hey, everyone-- tell us which person you are, too! So we can do face+name. Smile
    married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • We had the same photog as Leap :) 

We were married at a winery. Ceremony in the vineyard in early evening on the most perfect August night.  It was just the right combination of casual and formal - people laughed, drank great wine, and ate delicious food under the stars.  It felt like a fabulous dinner party (we had about 50 guests).  It was amazing and I wish I could do it all over again a million times.

I'm the red head :)

• imagethiswillbe:
    Hey, everyone-- tell us which person you are, too! So we can do face+name. Smile

I'm the one in the dress.  :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I remember those photos, gosh it seems so long ago (Leap and CT specifically).  You all know I don't post mine on here but now you have me reminiscing. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageTwo*True:
    I remember those photos, gosh it seems so long ago (Leap and CT specifically).  You all know I don't post mine on here but now you have me reminiscing. 

4 years ago next friday!  :)  its fun to think about - we had no idea how simple our lives were back then, lol.

• The RING because I emptied my saving account at the time on this and I LOVE IT so much -

ring

My "Grooms" Cake

cake

I DO 

Above: I'm in the TUX ( eek I was HUGE so crazy) this is in the Clock twower of the court house above the City with ocean in the horizon 

We pretty much did everything our selves (made invites, programs it was pretty DIY).  80 People. The Ceremony was at the Santa Barbara Courthouse Mural room and the Reception was at a Shabby Chic Cottage place. November 10 2007  We also got legally married on 6/17/2008

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • What a fun post!!  I have been flat out with work, a sleepless baby, and getting K (and me and our house) ready for the school year, so I've been MIA. Sorry to have missed out on all the 'ask me anything' posts but I plan to read up on all y'all this weekend :)

We were married in Ptown on 10/9/09.  I am the one with my hair down and always on the right, for some reason :)  We had a100+ guests, most of whom stayed and celebrated throughout the long (Columbus Day weekend) holiday.  We didn't see each other the day of and had no idea what the other was wearing.  It rained on our wedding day (good luck, right)  so instead of being married on the beach, we were married in the breakfast room of the hotel.  Complete with hideous bright blue and yellow polka dotted curtains and high school music stands.  It was prefect. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagetdmklm:
    Wedding photos? Bonus points for describing your wedding. Smile I'm feeling nostalgic. I'll come back and do it, I promise.

Such a good idea THANK YOU and made me all Nostalgic!!!

• imagetdmklm:

Such a good idea THANK YOU and made me all Nostalgic!!!

• imagectbride08:

imageTwo*True:
    I remember those photos, gosh it seems so long ago (Leap and CT specifically).  You all know I don't post mine on here but now you have me reminiscing. 

4 years ago next friday!  :)  its fun to think about - we had no idea how simple our lives were back then, lol.

Were you really an entire year after me?! I must have really enjoyed your wedding planning to stick around TK an entire year later Wink

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Such a great idea! We had our wedding at a winery in upstate NY on June 6, 2010, although we were legally married on December 6, 2009 (for the very romantic purpose of getting MH on my health insurance). We also did everything ourselves, right down to the food and the cake! We both got second jobs (while simultaneously finishing our MS degrees) to pay for it and only invited our very closest family and friends so it was very small, but so perfect and wonderful. 

IUI #1 (50 mg clomid and ovidrel) - BFN
    IUI #2 (100 mg clomid and HCG trigger) - BFN
    IUI #3 (Gonal-f and HCG trigger) - BFN
    IVF #1 - 21 retrieved, 20 mature, 15 fertilized (ICSI), 2 d5 blasts transferred, 8 frozen - c/p
    FET #1 - BFFN
    FET #2 - BFN? c/p? Either way no baby
    FET #3 - No shock...BFN
    FET #4 - BFN :-(
    Surgery and TTC cancelled - pursuing surrogacy
    7/31/12 Surrogate got a +HPT!!!! BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm trying to add photos, but it's not working! BOOOO!

• Love this post!

I'm not married yet, so can't share, but it's awesome!

This was 9.5y ago and neither of us look like that anymore. LOL. We got married in DC (before it was legal) and had 50 friends for our ceremony and brunch afterwards. That evening we went to dinner with about 30 of our out of town guests and then had brunch the next morning before everyone went their own way. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I think it's interesting that most of us had small weddings. We had about 60 people. We had some limiting factors - paid for it ourselves with what we could save in a year (not much :)), families both lived far away, etc. Most of my (straight) law school friends who got married later had more like 100-150 at their weddings. I loved our small wedding! 
  • ETA: That's N2A on the left, TWB on the right (fixed the scrolling!). 

We got married in DC, before it was legal. The afternoon ceremony was at the church we attended, and we had a dinner reception for just under 100 people afterwards in the ballroom of a restaurant nearby. One of my little brothers walked me down the aisle (my parents refused to attend). I loved (loved, loved, loved!) my dress. It looks kinda mushroom-colored in the pic above, but it was really more this color (champagne, I think they called it):

After marriage was made legal in DC, we got married again (on 11/11/11)-- just us, our 2 small kiddos, the pastor, his husband, and our babysitter (so we could focus).

married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • I want to play, but all my pictures are at home. But y'all better come back later/tomorrow and admire my pictures. Got it? :
    TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • JGYJGY member

Eep!  My first time posting pics!

We were married on 6/12/10, in CT.  My parents live part-time in a rural area there, and we rented a house in the next town over for S's family.  The wedding was family only, about 27 total people including us, and I think the median age was about 57! Big Smile We held Ceremony and Reception on the grounds of the rented house - Ceremony by the pond, and Reception under a tent on the lawn.  Our 13 year old Lab mix was the wedding party.  It was an AMAZING day, weekend actually.  My parents hosted a Welcome BBQ, and a morning-after Brunch at their place.

We did a lot of DIY, and loved it.  But we did splurge on great catered food and wine though.  I really loved the way we had the tables set up under the tent, everyone got to sit together, no one was left out, and we had GREAT conversation all night.  And MAN can the older generation cut a rug!

Thanks for the great memories today!

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• JGYJGY member

And ... I'm the one on the right.  Blue Dress.

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• hlkehlke member
    These are so wonderful!  There is NO WAY I'm going to figure out how to post a picture in the next 10 minutes, so you all better come back and look at mine too.
    Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.
    AMH 0.5, AFC 5-8, FSH 7ish

IVF #1 - antagonist.  Empty follicle syndrome.  1 retrieved, 0 fertilized.
    IVF #2 - antagonist.  Ovulated early.  3 retrieved, 2 fertilized, 0 blasts
  • hlkehlke member

We got married 9/10/11 on Cape Cod in Massachusetts.  My family is from Mass., and a family friend let us use her backyard for the reception.  We had about 50 people, our theme was "grownup kid's birthday party" and our wedding colors are the same as CT's adoption party colors. Smile  It's been almost a year and I haven't picked the final photos for retouching, I should probably do that!

Edited to add: I'm the blonde, C's the brunette.

Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.

• Aw, you GUUUYYYS...these are so sweet!

I think I still feel a little icky about posting pics of me here, but I'll sit with it a while.

Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • TB is NOT cooperating with me today... *sigh* I wanted to post some other ones. Maybe later. :/

The big thing for us was that we wanted our family to participate. My goddaughter walked me down the aisle along with one of our nephews, and K's godson and one of our nieces walked her. My goddaughter sang Amazing Grace during the ceremony, one nephew played the cello, and one niece played the violin. Two little ones read from "I Like You" - it was ADORABLE. K's mom and aunt lit a memorial candle for K's dad and my dad and grandparents. We had a brass band walk us from church to the restaurant where we had our reception, and it was AWESOME. People cheered and clapped for us the whole way, and a cop actually stopped traffic for us so we could all cross the street at the same time. I LOVED LOVED LOVED our wedding. Big Smile

BTW, I'm in the pink-ish dress. 

• And thanks, everyone! It's nice to have faces to go with names (for those of you I haven't met in person). 2brides, you and L look EXACTLY the same. Don't even. Smile
  • We got married 6 years ago (as of October 13th). It was a Friday the 13th, just like the day we started dating, 6 years prior! It was a fall wedding, with the ceremony outside the hotel we had the reception in. 

Back of my dress, with my dad: 

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...

Flowers.

Us.

Ok, let's see how that works. (EDIT: That was quite the struggle!!  Now I remember why I don't participate in PIP Thurs.) We got legally married in MA in Sept. '10 and had our real wedding in MN in November '10. I think we had somewhere around 110 people. We had the ceremony at my childhood church and then a dinner reception afterwards at a mansion downtown that does events of this sort. We had a blast planning every little detail. My color was purple and her color was red and we put a ton of effort into balancing both colors throughout everything. :) Oh, and I'm shorter.

IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • Kershnic, get back in here and make those photos work! Stick out tongue
  • I'm trying!!!!
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • imageKershnic:
    I'm trying!!!!

Stick out tongue

• These are so fun and everyone looks fantastic! 

For those that said they weren't sure how they felt about posting photos on the net, I like to post mine as my signature usually...that way, I can change or delete the photo and it isn't online forever;) Just an idea.

This is 5/15/10.  I'm in white, M is in black.  I chose this pic because we did our "first sight photos" on the steps of City Hall, as a statement that we hope to someday return there and make it legal. Then, at the reception, our first dance was to Vienna Teng's song, "City Hall."  (If you don't know the song, go to itunes now. It is beautiful.)  We asked our entirely straight and married wedding party to join us and dance for the final verses of the song.  It was one of my favorite moments, to be surrounded by couples who 100% love us and treat our relationship just like theirs.

AND, I picked this picture because I adored my long dress train.   Loved it. :)
  • ALL of these photos are amazing! though married, i don't have any wedding photos, we kinda eloped, although i never thought to use that word lol. we plan on having a ceremony with friends and family within the next year while also TTC #2
  • Aww! I remember everyone's weddings. It seems so long ago! I have to find the disk that has our pictures on it and post tomorrow!
  • hlkehlke member

imageleapgirl8:
    I think it's interesting that most of us had small weddings. We had about 60 people. We had some limiting factors - paid for it ourselves with what we could save in a year (not much :)), families both lived far away, etc. Most of my (straight) law school friends who got married later had more like 100-150 at their weddings. I loved our small wedding! 

For us, facing some not so welcoming responses from family really brought into stark relief who was and wasn't important to share our day with.  I have a huge family, but opted not to invite my 30+ cousins.  All but one of my aunts and uncles declined for various reasons, which in the end was a blessing in disguise.  We got to spend time with everyone who came, and felt like it was the perfect group of people.

• I want to play but I feel silly sharing a picture of A and I since we seperated so here is my friend K and I! I am in the wedding dress lol. I am no longer blonde but I wish I could find a pic of my hair...it was so awesome with all of these curls and my hair NEVER holds a curl. This was taken at the B&B we got married in in Windsor. Other than Katie there were only 3 people there. Ann's best "man" (E), K's boyfriend (now husband), and our friend (J).

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • This is so fun! Love seeing everyone's pics!

We were married 10.13.07, right around our 4 year dating anniversary. There were 84 people. The ceremony and reception were at a historic building west of Boston. We kept things pretty traditional because at the time, we felt our families weren't totally understanding the whole thing. They were like, "So you're having a....wedding? With....cake? And....stuff?" hahaha We went pretty low budget, DIYing a lot. The wedding went really well, though I wish we would have splurged more on some things. Everyone had a great time, and it really helped our families "get" our relationship. The downer? I HAD THE FLU. No joke (oldies know this story Stick out tongue). I had a fever, body aches - it was AWFUL. I continued to be sick for our entire honeymoon. What a drag. 

I'm the one in the dress.

Because I was in a flu-induced haze on our wedding day, we decided to exchange vows again in June 2008, just the two of us on the beach in PTown. It was so, so wonderful. And I was so glad we did it. I bawled my eyes out, and said my vows with all the heart and feeling I couldn't muster on our wedding day because I was so damn sick.

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

• Brit, post another picture of your dress!! I loved your dress so much, so gorgeous!

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...
  • imageMeegs10.13.06:
    Brit, post another picture of your dress!! I loved your dress so much, so gorgeous!

Oh thanks! I'll have to look back at the pics to try to find one. Our photog wasn't the best. He didn't tell me I should hold my bouquet way lower for pics, so my big flowers are blocking the detail of my dress in pretty much every shot.
    Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"