March 2012 Moms

tell me about your feeding sched with solids

My LO is 5.5 mos now and has been through all the cereals, starting at 4 mos. Her fav is oatmeal. I recently started sweet potatoe and she loves it as long as I give it before her suppertime bottle.
My issue is our health clinic states that solids should only be given after a bottle...but she is full after a bottle!! So my question is what is your feeding sched incorporating solids? Also, what solids have you tried thus far??
Thank you :
Averie Belle March 9, 2012 5 lbs, 11 oz

Re: tell me about your feeding sched with solids

• We have tried sweet potatoes, squash, green beans carrots. He has done fantastic with all of them. We are actually starting to implement fruit now. Peyton doesn't lay down until 10 or 1030 so around 7 or 8 we give him solids first and usually follow up with at least a 4oz bottle. Then he will take 6oz bottle before bed. It may not be the correct way to go about it but it works best for Peyton.
  • RIght now we're just doing one solid meal a day so our day look this this...see below. I started with avocado then sweet potatoes (doesn't like them...still have hope lol) butternut squash, carrots, peas. She' tries green beans tomorrow then I plan on trying her first fruit Sunday probably pear.

Wake 7-7:30 Bottle

Wake from 1st nap about 11-11:30 Bottle then I offer solids about 30 minutes after

I'd like to wait longer but she can still only make it about 1.5hr of awake time (sometimes less sometimes more) so I go with a time I know she'll be awake for me to offer it to her.

Wake from 2nd nap 3-3:30 Bottle

Wake from last nap 6:15-6:30 bottle at 7ish then start bedtime routine.

So this is what we're doing for now. When I add in a second meal it will probably be after she wakes from her last nap. Hope this gives you an idea.

Follow Me on Pinterest Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Dom is having solids after his 4:00 or 5:00 bottle.  I let him drink it and once he starts slowing down I sit him in his bumbo to feed the food.  He eats more than he did when I first introduced solids to him.  He knows what is coming up when he sees the bowl of food and doesn't get too full from his bottle.  His last bottle is typically at 7 or 8 and then he goes to bed.

Married 05.19.07 | Together since 03.11.00 | Dom Born 02.06.12 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Oh I meant to add.

Dom's pediatrician said the important reason for offering the bottle beforehand is because of all the vitamins that are jam packed into the BM & formulas.  They want to make sure babies are getting what they need, and though solids to offer some of the good stuff, they just aren't as chock-full.

Married 05.19.07 | Together since 03.11.00 | Dom Born 02.06.12 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 

Pregnancy Ticker

• I asked my doctor about starting solids. She didn't say before or after bottle. He seems really interested so I'm going to try some avocado this weekend.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I haven't started solids w/ my son yet, but with my daughter we did solids about an hour after she'd nurse/have a bottle. All the nutrition they need until age 1 is in breastmilk or formula, so that's why you're supposed to offer that first.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"