Trouble TTC
Options

iui vets, help a sister out?

soooo, I triggered Sunday night, 8/19 and convinced DH to BD even though we are dealing with severe MFI. This is iui 2 for us and I thought I o'd early last time. I had the iui on tuesday 8/21 the post wash s were terrible 21 motility and only 3.45 million put in.

I don't O on my own, so I'm not super familiar with o pain, but today, a good 57 hours after the trigger I'm still feeling some stabby pains around my pubic bone in the front right...

DH is out of town for a week. Am I o'ing now? Have we missed the egg?

Re: iui vets, help a sister out?

• Options
    If your IUI was yesterday, ovulation pain is good today.  The sperm are there ready to meet their target.  Also I get a little crampy after the IUI because of the darn speculum.  Try not to overanalyze and hang in there.
  • Options

We still have sex the night of the trigger for IUIs with MFI because the doctor tells us to so that the sample is fresh.  (And to be honest we still do TI on break cycles because you never know).  

I'm sorry the post wash wasn't what you were hoping for, I'd had that happen two of our three IUIs.  Our last one was actually just around 1 million put back :(.  But hold on to hope because we did have a board member a while back get PG on just 1 million post wash (it did end in m/c but still, pregnancy is possible even with small samples - you're not out).

As for pain, I have always had cramping for almost the entire 2ww.  Try not to read too much into it.  And if you read TCOYF I believe they do talk about how you can have O pains for two days before O, day of O and day after O....so just because they feel the same - doesn't mean you didn't already O earlier.  

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I agree with everyone, I felt crampy for a few days after my 1st IUI (not as bad this time around for some reason) so I wouldn't worry. 

My RE told me that he has seen women get pregnant with counts less than 1 million....not sure if he was just trying to make us feel better or not, but I'm clinging to the "it only takes one" thought :) GL!  

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    After 2 years of IF workups/treatments and 2 IUIs, we have closed the door on fertility treatments.
    We are very excited to be pursuing international adoption from China!
    6000 miles and a day
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagekatib77:

We still have sex the night of the trigger for IUIs with MFI because the doctor tells us to so that the sample is fresh.  (And to be honest we still do TI on break cycles because you never know).  

I'm sorry the post wash wasn't what you were hoping for, I'd had that happen two of our three IUIs.  Our last one was actually just around 1 million put back :(.  But hold on to hope because we did have a board member a while back get PG on just 1 million post wash (it did end in m/c but still, pregnancy is possible even with small samples - you're not out).

As for pain, I have always had cramping for almost the entire 2ww.  Try not to read too much into it.  And if you read TCOYF I believe they do talk about how you can have O pains for two days before O, day of O and day after O....so just because they feel the same - doesn't mean you didn't already O earlier.  

Yup, that was me (IUI#1).  Don't take any abdominal tweaks or anything seriously.  There were times that I thought for sure that I'd O'd or that I was growing follies on one side and u/s proved me wrong. 

I know it's hard, but just try to let go.  At this point, what happens, will happen and there is little you can do about it (this isn't necessarily a bad a thing... it can be freeing actually).  Good luck in you 2ww

TTC #1 Since 4/2010, Cycle 30
    Positive for HLA-B27, I'm a mutant :p
    Testing - Me ok, gluten issue? DH - borderline count, low motility
    4/28/11 IUI#1 = BFP!(5/25), EDD 2/2/12 - m/c 5w3d
    7/3, 7/31, 9/25 - IUI#2-4=BFN
    IVF#1 - 1 blast = BFP!! (12/30), EDD 9/9/12, confirmed c/p 4w2d
    FET#1 3/2/12 - 2 blasts =BFP!! EDD 11/18/12, us#1 = twins! Confirmed m/c 5w6d
    4/20-surprise BFP and another c/p 4w2d
    FET#2 7/16/12 - 2 blasts = BFN
    FET#3 8/20/12 - 1 blast - BFP!! Beta #1-2=177, 354
    1st u/s 5w6d, one beautiful little HB :), 2nd u/s 146bpm
    baby girl born 5/10/13

TTC#2 since 12/17/2014, Cycle 8
    Repeat Testing...FSH=12, AMH=3.8, AFC=28. 
    IUI#5 5/10/15- c/p?
    IVF#2 8/19/15 - cancelled due to cysts
    IVF#2 take two 10/2015 - 5 blasts frozen
    FET#4 12/11/2015 - BFN - 4 blasts remaining
    FET#5 2/18/16 - BFP!!!  Beta1-3, 126, 250, 745!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Tons of love and ((hugs)) to my IF sister NMscubagirl

• Options

Although I have not had an IUI yet, I feel like I want to share my experience last cycle with you. 

I triggered with Ovidrel last cycle for TIC.  I was concerned that the trigger did not work when it was supposed to because I felt like I was Oing about 5 days after trigger (when I should have O'd 36 hours after trigger.)  I do O on my own and I have been charting for a long time, so I have become very familiar with my body and my pre-O symptoms and post-O symptoms.  This is why it was a concern to me.  When I discussed this with the nurse, she assured me that she was not concerned that the trigger didn't work.  She explained that the peak of the Ovidrel is at 36 hours so there would be symptoms before as well as after because there is still residual meds in my system. 

She also explained that we want to have the insemination BEFORE O to catch the egg(s).  So, if you had your IUI on day X and then were feeling like you O'd on day X+1, that is much better than Oing on day X with insemination on day X+1.  (if that makes sense.)

I wish you lots of luck this cycle!

Began TTC #1 in January 2011
    Confirmation and Removal of Endo - March 2012
    +#1 on 4/1/12 - m/c @ ~8w 5d
    +#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
    Elective sex determination u/s on 2/8 revealed... boy AND girl!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    imagemegemoney:
    Although I have not had an IUI yet, I feel like I want to share my experience last cycle with you.nbsp; I triggered with Ovidrel last cycle for TIC.nbsp; I was concerned that the trigger did not work when it was supposed to because I felt like I was Oing about 5 days after trigger when I should have O'd 36 hours after trigger.nbsp; I do O on my own and I have been charting for a long time, so I have become very familiar with my body and my preO symptoms and postO symptoms.nbsp; This is why it was a concern to me.nbsp; When I discussed this with the nurse, she assured me that she was not concerned that the trigger didn't work.nbsp; She explained that the peak of the Ovidrel is at 36 hours so there would be symptoms before as well as after because there is still residual meds in my system.nbsp; She also explained that we want to have the insemination BEFORE O to catch the eggs.nbsp; So, if you had your IUI on day X and then were feeling like you O'd on day X1, that is much better than Oing on day X with insemination on day X1.nbsp; if that makes sense. I wish you lots of luck this cycle!

Thank you! And everyone for the replies. My big concern here is that washed sperm don't live as long as other sperm, so if I am oing now, I think I'm out unless there's some crazy swimmer left from trigger night. BUT I'm going to take everyone's advice an try not to stress I have a week without DH in the house and I'm going to live it up with cheesy movies, reality TV and all the food he hates to eat!
  • Options
    I second the "cramps don't tell you anything concrete" opinion. Things pull, stretch, push, irritate...you never know what you're feeling. I also had  "O pain" on the side that had no reasonably sized follicles that could O. GL!
    4 IUIs: Bfn
    Antagonist IVF 7 retrieved, 4 fert w/ICSI&AH, 2 blasts transferred. Beta #1 9/20: 367 Beta #2 9/22: 841
    image image
  • Options
    My RE advised me that post washed sperm can live 2-5 days. I was really concerned about that as well. Good luck! 
    TTC: August 2011 Me: 28-PCOS DH: 32-Perfect IUI #1: August 3, 2012- .5mg Letrozole, HCG trigger. 2 good folli's, DH had good numbers-BFN. IUI #2: September 4, 2012-.5mg Letrozole, HCG trigger. BFP!!! Beta 1: 152 (15 DPO) Beta 2: 380 (17 DPO) Beta 3: 1,743 (21 DPO) 1st U/S 7 weeks-10/9/12: 127 bpm!! 2nd U/S 9 weeks-10/23/12: Released to OB 170 bpm! 3rd U/S 16 weeks-12/11/12: It's a BOY!! 152 bpm! Due May 28, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"