Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Elimination Communication

I've heard about this and bought a book on it but have yet to read it (among the many other books on my reading list!!). Anyone here doing this and whats your experience with it? Any websites & groups you can direct me to?
www.lulukangaroo.com Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image

Re: Elimination Communication

• Options
    i'm interested too, let me know if you find out anything!
  • Options
    I like the theory behind it... just don't know how I'd manage on the mechanics...I feel like I'd have to stare at DD 24 hours/day for it to work, lol  (on the otherhand, I do spend a lot of time looking at her! Stick out tongue)  For now I'll stick to my CDs...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got the book The Diaper Free Baby and was not very impressed with it.  I found it repetitive.  It didn't really answer my questions and felt like more of a sales pitch.  I thought finding out more about the process would motivate me try EC, but honestly it kind of turned me off.  I would suggest looking up info online.  There are a lot of ECers on the Attachment Parenting board and they might be better to ask.
  • Options
    I haven't read up on it so I don't know if what we're doing is in line with the book, but my Indian in-laws had suggested just offering regular potty time. We sit our daughter on the potty 4xday, no reward or pressure for using it, and she quickly realized what it's all about. Less than a month into it, she started doing all of her #2s on the potty, so long as we didn't forget to take her at least 4xday. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

How old is your daughter? Does she still wear diapers? I'm also very interested in learning about this!

• Options
    imageminnow91:

How old is your daughter? Does she still wear diapers? I'm also very interested in learning about this!

Sorry I didn't see your message earlier. My daughter is 8 months and we started the potty time around 7 months, maybe a week or two before. She still wears diapers and I anticipate she'll be in them until at least 18 months. She picked up on doing #2s on the potty, but controlling the pee reflex takes more maturity I think, so I anticipate that will take a lot longer. We're letting her figure it out on her own, so she's going at her own pace.  

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"