Pregnant after 35

Re: PG>35 Weekly Check-in

QOTW:  What type of home do you live in (House/Condo/Apt/Trailer)?  Tell us a bit about it.  Are you doing any renovations/home improvements before your little one arrives?

We live in a 1912 craftsman style bungalow that I bought when I was in college.  It's 4 bedrooms, 1.5 bath, 3 car garage and we are the 4th owners so for the most part all of the original details are still intact.  It's 10 minutes from downtown and 8 blocks from the lakefront.  LOVE our home.  Over the last 15 years almost every room has been updated or redone, upgraded electrical/plumbing, new roof, etc...  so our only project right now is the nursery, however as the room had a tenant/roommate in it for the last 6 years it needs more work than we originally had thought...  so far all we have done is removed and sanded the windows and trim and wall papered the ceiling...  very slow going but hopefully we will start painting the trim this weekend. 

Updates or vents?

All is good.  Baby boy is active, loves to punch Mommy in the bladder.  I am adjusting to the swelling that my body does if I do too much and I am getting over having to wear crocks and flip flops all the time.  I'm farily certain this new found acceptance is just prepping me for the even more uncomfortable things to come.

BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Re: PG>35 Weekly Check-in

• Ummm... Okay Bump... How'd this end up as its own post?
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • QOTW:  What type of home do you live in (House/Condo/Apt/Trailer)?  Tell us a bit about it.  Are you doing any renovations/home improvements before your little one arrives?

We live in a very, very old colonial. 1840? 1860? There are no right angles in the house, the kitchen doesn't have insulation on the outside facing wall, I'm sure the electricity isn't up to code, the floors unstairs are old (probably original) and have gaps between the planks and are uneven, there is no sheetrock instead plaster and horsehair. I could go on & on. Sounds awesome, right? That said, my husband is a teacher at a boarding school, so we live in this house as a part of his stipend (read=very,very low pay). And it certainly has lots of character! However, I will say that there a lot of things that would not bother me about the house if we didn't have a child and another on the way. Unfortunately, the school is not a position to pay for lots of updates. And as it turns out, the school rents the house we occupy, they don't own it so I'm not even sure what they could do. KWIM? Whew. *lol* 

Updates or vents?

I had my first real OB visit last Thursday. I'm measuring ahead by a few days so they adjusted my due date to March 8th. I'm still feeling fine. My NT scan is Monday. I start going to the diabetes center next Friday preparing myself for another long 6 months of finger pricks and insulin shots.

BFP #2 5/31/12 CP 5w2d 6/4/12 BFP #3 7/9/12 EDD 3/8/13 Another Girl!! Lilypie Pregnancy tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagejjmrotek:

QOTW:  What type of home do you live in (House/Condo/Apt/Trailer)?  Tell us a bit about it.  Are you doing any renovations/home improvements before your little one arrives?

We live in a 1912 craftsman style bungalow that I bought when I was in college.  It's 4 bedrooms, 1.5 bath, 3 car garage and we are the 4th owners so for the most part all of the original details are still intact.  It's 10 minutes from downtown and 8 blocks from the lakefront.  LOVE our home.  Over the last 15 years almost every room has been updated or redone, upgraded electrical/plumbing, new roof, etc...  so our only project right now is the nursery, however as the room had a tenant/roommate in it for the last 6 years it needs more work than we originally had thought...  so far all we have done is removed and sanded the windows and trim and wall papered the ceiling...  very slow going but hopefully we will start painting the trim this weekend. 

Updates or vents?

All is good.  Baby boy is active, loves to punch Mommy in the bladder.  I am adjusting to the swelling that my body does if I do too much and I am getting over having to wear crocks and flip flops all the time.  I'm farily certain this new found acceptance is just prepping me for the even more uncomfortable things to come.

Glad to hear you are doing well. Sorry about the swelling, but maybe if/when the weather cools down a bit in your neck of the woods, the swelling will let up a bit?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageElocin:

Updates or vents?

I had my first real OB visit last Thursday. I'm measuring ahead by a few days so they adjusted my due date to March 8th. I'm still feeling fine. My NT scan is Monday. I start going to the diabetes center next Friday preparing myself for another long 6 months of finger pricks and insulin shots.

I will update your EDD for next week's check-in.  Have you already had the GTT or are you a pre-existing diabetic?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagebenoitfan:

I will update your EDD for next week's check-in.  Have you already had the GTT or are you a pre-existing diabetic?

I had the GTT with my regular work up at my first OB visit. I had GD with my first PG and was also diagnosed early. They tested me right away because of a history of PCOS. I was insulin dependent with my first around 16 weeks (it was before Christmas, so I remember it well).

BFP #2 5/31/12 CP 5w2d 6/4/12 BFP #3 7/9/12 EDD 3/8/13 Another Girl!! Lilypie Pregnancy tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"