February 2013 Moms
Options

Water!!!

Okay, Dr tells me to drink more water. I'm trying.. man, I'm trying. But I can taste all the imperfection in the water. It is rare that I find water that I can't taste something in and when I do, I chug it. Lol. When I go out to eat, I always request lemon or limes with it to help hide the flavor. Anyone else having this issue or have any suggestion to help me get more water down?
Momma of two wonderful little boys! Noah Ryan (5) and Lukas Benjamin (4) Expecting 02/27/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Water!!!

• Options
    YES, i'm with you on this one.  I never have a problem drinking water when I'm not pregnant.  But I can't stand it when I am pregnant.  I try and I try to drink it but I'm definitely forcing myself because I just hate it.  Makes NO sense to me.  But neither does pregnancy.  I tend to hate all the things I usually love to eat.  So strange.
  • Options
    That's so weird because I'm feeling the same way! I usually love water but it just tastes so blah to me anymore. I thought it was just me so I'm glad you mentioned this! I always request lemons now too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can only really drink smart water but my doc said vitamin water is also okay, so right now im hooked on the Sobe yummyberry
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have sliced up half a lemon, put it in a 2 quart pitcher, and then filled it with filtered water.  Then I have to fill a glass and put it in the freezer for a bit to get colder, or used filtered ice cubes. It tastes better if it has sit in the fridge for a couple of hours. I did that with my last pregnancy a lot.
    photo 997d7ce2-9f44-4a90-b78f-0ddf5f488d41_zps82d963f4.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    At least I don't feel like I'm the only one having the issues now. :)
    Momma of two wonderful little boys! Noah Ryan (5) and Lukas Benjamin (4) Expecting 02/27/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Yep. I use Truelemon. You can get it in some supermarkets, and online (https://truelemon.com/). It's straight up dehydrated lemon ground into a powder (or orange or lime, if you prefer). Add it to about every glass of water. No junk sugar, no crap added... and a whole lot easier to carry around than a bottle of lemon juice. 
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• Options

I'm having the exact same problem.  Water tastes terrible to me and I have a super dry mouth so its a double whammy. 

I bought my husband one of those soda makers that carbonates tap water and that makes it much easier drink.  Warning though: it gives me insane gas ha ha so I had to stop drinking it.  I've also tried chopped up cucumbers and that makes it more bearable.  I also found an organic water flavoring on Amazon that's really good:  https://www.amazon.com/Flavrz-Organic-Concentrate-6-Count-Packets/dp/B00384Q10I/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1345488509&sr=8-14&keywords=organic+water+flavor

• Options
    Lots of ice in the cup helps me.  I have to drink through a straw for some reason.  But the more ice the better.  I think because it is so cold it doesnt taste like anything.  lol 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I always hate the taste of water, pregnant or not. So I drink a lot of very watered down juice, so there is a bit of flavor. And like DC said, I like  my water very cold, it seems to help!
  • Options

imageDC2London:
    For whatever reason, ice cold bottled water through a squeezy top is the ONLY way I can drink water.  Tap water tastes horrible to me, even if I add lemon, ice, lime, juice, etc.  I'm also drinking watered down fruit juice just to stay hydrated.

Me too!  I've got my squeezy top by my side always.  Luckily we have a water cooler at work that I'm in love with.  I have found pregnant or not I cannot drink Aquafina because it tastes like metal to me.  When I need to add some flavor to my water I just throw some Crystal light in.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageDC2London:
    For whatever reason, ice cold bottled water through a squeezy top is the ONLY way I can drink water.  Tap water tastes horrible to me, even if I add lemon, ice, lime, juice, etc.  I'm also drinking watered down fruit juice just to stay hydrated.

Same here. I'm adding about 40% juice b/c plain water is not cutting it.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Try reverse osmosis water, its just h2o. Whole Foods and most places like it have it on refill machines and its fairly cheap. I like it but I like i even better when DH puts a pinch of mineral salts into our 5 gallon refill jug.

If you want to do the salts thing, buy the really nice harvested pink mineral sea salt. Also, there's a point when its just enough salt to add a good flavor to the water and not enough salt to be salty!

The salt is really nice b/c sometimes the plain h2o makes my mouth dry after I'm done drinking it. Also it adds minerals to otherwise empty water.

I put lemon in water anyway most of the time because it aides in digestion and aides in absorption of the water.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've always hated water and now that Im pregnant I hate it even more. It makes me gag as soon as I drink it. I'm lucky if I drink 1 bottle a day! I've tried adding lemon, and cucumber to it and it just does not taste good to me. Adding LOTS of ice does help a little.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"