1st Trimester
Options

Embarassing Pregnancy Dr. Questions

So I have a couple that I will ask my doctor on Monday, one that DH thinks is silly but I want to get the official answer is, "is it okay to use mouth wash while pregnant?" It does has some alcohol in it, and I don't want to take any chances. Besides that I've a lot muscle cramping belly button down, but no bleeding. So that's another question to ask my doctor. This is a completely different pregnancy than my first one (in my first pregnancy, I felt nothing, absolutely nothing).

Anyone else have embarrassing questions for their DR.?

IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: Embarassing Pregnancy Dr. Questions

• Options
    unless you are drinking the mouthwash....it's important to have good oral care while pg.
    BFP#1 due 3/5/2007 missed m/c at 10w, d&c 8/2006 BFP#2 DD 6/2007 BFP#3 DS 5/2009 BFP#4 due 4/8/12 m/c at 9w3d, after weeks of waiting for hcg to go down finally prescribed misoprosotol BFP#5 DUE 8/15/13 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    My doctor told me in the first visit that there is very little he hasn't heard in his time practicing. Those don't seem too embarrassing at all. I would rather ask and know than question it for months.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageAnne Mommy:
    My doctor told me in the first visit that there is very little he hasn't heard in his time practicing. Those don't seem too embarrassing at all. I would rather ask and know than question it for months.

This.

And cramps are totally normal! I've had TONS of cramps... as long as you're not cramping and spotting/bleeding, it's fine! 

Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options

imagemummalove:
    unless you are drinking the mouthwash....it's important to have good oral care while pg.

and if you're afraid you might swallow a little, try alcohol free. I already used that pre-pregnancy, listerine has one, also bactine, there are a few. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

no question is embarassing for your doctor if it gives you peace of mind.

Also, mouth wash is fine. As a pp mentioned, good oral health is important for the health of your baby.

Lower abdominal cramping is also completely normal. It's your uterus stretching. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Just don't drink it. Dr have heard it all, better to ask everything then wonder. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"