1st Trimester
Options

NBR: interesting things to do with watermelon??

So at the Farmers market yesterday, my 4 year old "accidently" broke a huge watermelon and I obviously had to pay for it (thankfully, it was only 2 bucks).

But now, I have like 7 pounds of cut watermelon and have no idea what to do with it...DD is eating it, but I know it will go bad quicker than she and I can eat it, and the only recipies I find online are like summer salad kinda things - I was just seeing if there were more interesting things to do with it so it doesnt go to waste...

Any ideas?? 

BabyName Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

"Doctors are sadists who like to play God and watch lesser people scream." ~ From Juno

Re: NBR: interesting things to do with watermelon??

• Options
    Any parties this weekend or birthdays for over 21? U could take a mason jar and infuse it with vodka and give it to someone for a gift? Lol......cold watermelon soup? Freeze it in ice cube trays? Just trying to think outside the box....
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers After years of struggling with infertility issues (PCOS since I was 16) and 15 medicated cycles we finally got blessed with our son. We got lucky with our 7th IUI using stims...Now we are back on the roller coaster to try for another miracle..IVF cycle in May resulted in a chemical pregnancy. 2 snowbabies FET 7/16-transferred 2 blastocyst...Faint bfp 4dp5dt! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yummo!  I love watermelon, and usually just sit there with a fork and eat it.... now that I am pregnant, I can eat a whole watermelon in a seating... OINK!  But this salad is excellent!   And before anyone freaks about the feta.... as long as its pasteurized, its safe to eat!

https://theshiksa.com/2011/06/29/watermelon-feta-salad-with-mint/ 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Just got the new cooking light yest and they had a recipe for a watermelon, mint smoothie that sounded pretty good (a little greek yogurt in it).

I also like to make watermelon lemonade and watermelon granita- yummy!

• Options

One of my favorites is to dehydrate it - make your own fruit leather.  

Sprinkle a pinch of salt on it and it comes out even sweeter than when it went in the dehydrator (or warm oven if you don't have a dehydrator).    Put the oven on at 250 degrees (f) and place the sliced, rindless melon on a screen covered rack.  If you have a convection oven, turn that on and close the door.  Check every 2-4 hours.  If you don't have a convection oven, leave the oven door cracked a little and check every other hour until done.   It keeps 3-4 weeks in a ziptop bag in the fridge or up to 6 months in the freezer.

My son also enjoys his grilled with a pinch of salt and black pepper.

Our Little Miracle - Raymond Clifford Jr Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"