December 2010 Moms
Options

Way less nervous about outings w/ 2 kids

After being at Target this morning.  In line behind me was a mom w/ a 6 year old and 3 year old twins, and in the next line over was a mom w/ 2 year old triplets!  If those ladies can handle shopping w/ multiples, by themselves, I should totally be able to handle 2u2, right?  Right?!?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Way less nervous about outings w/ 2 kids

• Options
    Absolutely! You'll be fabulous!
  • Options
    Don't worry, you'll be fine. I won't lie, the first few times are kind of stressful but after that it just becomes the new normal. You get used to it and deal accordingly.
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageSerendipity117:
    Don't worry, you'll be fine. I won't lie, the first few times are kind of stressful but after that it just becomes the new normal. You get used to it and deal accordingly.

Whew!  Good to hear Smile

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

The first time I went to the store myself with Thor I was on the returns line at Kohl's (right after the holidays) and he was only about 4 weeks old.  He got into a screaming fit and I wanted to die (but after waiting in line for half hour I was determined to wait it out).  The guy in front of me and the lady behind me were so nice - both were telling me how they had been there at least once in their life also.  

It made me feel *slightly* less embarrassed, but more importantly it made me realize that most people out there can sympathize with all the crazy shiz kids will do while you're in public.  I try to remember this even when T is throwing a fit in the store or making his wonderful fake burping sounds.  I'm hoping this will also make it easier to ease into having to do it with 2 kids!

photo 928560AF-AAA0-4036-A0DB-1781F180055B-8057-000009B95DF7BAAA_zps4aeff975.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Gah, i can barely handle one lo! Thinking about shopping with 2 gives me heartburn!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Dx MTHFR (C677T & A1298C, Compound Heterozygous)

• Options
    You can do it!  Just make sure everyone is well feed before entering the store :)  I do it all the time!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageamberleeb:
    You can do it!  Just make sure everyone is well feed before entering the store :)  I do it all the time!

Agreed!! I always go right after they eat! Or bring snacks and sippies. When P was little, I'd go right after we nursed. 

You can do it!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Umm yeah- I never have had any issues. I have taken the boys out by myself since we were cleared by the Pedi (since it was RSV season and they were preemies we were restricted until they were 3 months- but I did take them to the Pedi by myself before 3 months)
  • Options
    I'm a bit nervous, but I've seen similar scenarios at Target too. The one that had me in awe was a woman with 5 children, 1 in the child seat the others all holding onto the cart, the oldest was maybe 5 or 6. She was like a mini school teacher or drill seargent they all followed direction I was impressed. Still scared to do it by myself though the first few times.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The other day DH and I attempted to go to the grocery store wit both kiddos.  Wow, it took forever to get ready and out of the house.  And as we were loading the boys, they both started fussing and crying.  I was sweating by the time DH drove out of the driveway lol.  At the store they were really good though.  So I guess we'll see what happens next time...although I'm still terrified to do this by myself.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"