15 Weeks Pregnant

cravings & aversions

Let's post our cravings and aversions at 15 weeks!

cravings: ice cream, pot roast and mashed potatoes

aversions: most meat, especially chicken & most veggies

I'm worried that I'm not getting the baby enough protein and calcium, so hopefully things start to change soon and I can eat a lot more!

JULY 2015 BABY

CafeMom Tickers

Re: cravings & aversions

• Heyy! I have not been having many cravings other than still really only wanting carbs, they dont make me feel sick like other foods do. Im with you on being concerned about lack of meats and veggies. I definitely have an aversion for veggies lately! I keep forcing myself to eat them because I know my little baby needs them to grow big and strong but they make my stomach hurt every time i eat them! (And I used to loveeee veggies) I too, am hoping this passes so I dont have to gag at the thought of eating broccoli and green beans, etc. PS Im due the day after you! Feb. 7, 2013... Good luck with your pregnancy! Big Smile

• thanks good luck with yours too!

my husband is already getting sick of me never knowing what I want to eat. he tries to plan meals or when we have to go to the grocery store on the weekends. I went to the store last weekend..bad idea. I just came back with a ton of liquids and cereal and ice cream.

I can't WAIT to start eating more and to be able to shop regular again.

JULY 2015 BABY

CafeMom Tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I m with you on just eating the carbs!!  I love fruit right now, but have had very small and scarce amounts of veggies!  First time writing here...so glad I m not the only one with a veggie hiccup!  You are a few weeks ahead of us..we re due 2/22
  • Cravings: hot and spicy food, anything off the grill and noodles (ramon).

No aversion, I feel as if I am never full. I try to snack on apples and oranges after dinner. It just seems like I am always eating. I am trying to stay light on the carbs with my last pregnancy, myOB put me on a carb diet. This maybe another boy. I am due in Feb 17, 2013

• Tomatoes and salsa.  I ate an entire jar of salsa in one day.  I drink milk like a fish drinks water.  And cheese, lots and lots of cheese.  But try to feed me a vegetable of any sort, and I toss it back up.  Have managed to get veggie juice down though! 
  • I'm 15 weeks today and I LOVE cheese!! Cheese...Cheese and more cheese!! Lately, I'm into strawberry milk too.  Guess I need a lot of calicium.  I'm not really eating any veggies either and my husband is going nuts because I'm so picky when we eat.  I'm also eating a lot of beans, scrambled eggs with cheese (of course), sour cream, and salsa. Mmmmmm....Good!
  • Ha! I am having the same problem about not knowing what I want to eat until the minute I'm about to put it in my mouth.  I used to be a big crock-potter, but now more often than not if I start it in the morning, I don't want to eat it when I get home from work. 

Lately I have been making and eating things that I can do fast, and even then there is no guarentee; the other day by the time the raviolis boiled, I couldn't choke them down.

Glad to know I'm not the only one!

• The only thing that still bothers me is the smell of eggs cooking.  Other than that I can pretty much eat normal now.
  • For protein, my vegetarian friend would eat english muffins.  One muffin has 4 grams of protein.  Try chocolate milk for calcium, or my doctor recommended taking tums.

My cravings: spicy food, red meat, and coke (caffeine-free, of course)!  Which is unusual because I normally don't eat very much of any of those thingsat all!  Last night I had a cheeseburger with jalepenos and hot pepper sauce.  Before that I had some flamining hot munchies.  I can't get enough spicy!!  After dinner we went out and bought a jar of pepperoncinis so I can have them to put on pizza or whatever...also, more flaming hot munchies, of course.

My aversions: most fried foods or really greasy or oily stuff.  Other than that I can pretty much eat anything.

• I only have one craving and it's for freezies and Popsicles. Anything frozen. I due end of March and live in Canada. It's gonna be one cold winter!!!
  • imagenponczka:

Heyy! I have not been having many cravings other than still really only wanting carbs, they dont make me feel sick like other foods do. Im with you on being concerned about lack of meats and veggies. I definitely have an aversion for veggies lately! I keep forcing myself to eat them because I know my little baby needs them to grow big and strong but they make my stomach hurt every time i eat them! (And I used to loveeee veggies) I too, am hoping this passes so I dont have to gag at the thought of eating broccoli and green beans, etc. PS Im due the day after you! Feb. 7, 2013... Good luck with your pregnancy! Big Smile

This is how I have been! I hope this goes away soon so I can start eating my favorites again (veggies and fruits!!).
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Fruit fruit juice and mexican food.  I used to be anti- juice and use crystal light mixes but ever since I've been pregnant it taste like chemicals to me and I have to have the real thing.  I also dont eat sweet potatoes anymore either and I used to be crazy about those too.  But its only white potatoes , baked, fried no mashed.
  • Hello everyone. This is actually my 1st post on this site. I am 15 wks today and this is my 2nd baby. My cravings lately are Starbursts and greek salads. My aversions are pickles and chocolate, which sucks because I love both! I have been eating and drinking things I don't like lately also, like mac&cheese and O.J.

I have been eating alot healthier this pregnancy. My 1st pregnancy I lived off of Mc Chicken sandwiches and Rootbeer. But my daughter, now 8, is beautiful, healthy and very very smart.

Well thats all for now. Good luck to you ladies ready to give birth to those precious bundles soon. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

• Nectarines and all things spicy, I had a short stint with boiled peanuts I'm from the south, so that's my version of salty
  • Pickles I just can't get enough.  Don't like the smell of cooking hamburger meat ugh
  • Cravings: watermelon (can't get enough)

Aversions: chicken

• Cravings: Hot wings. Bread, bagels, rolls.

Aversions: Tomatoes.

• I crave burgers, pizza, milk, cheese, and cucumbers.

Aversions right now include green veggies except green beans and ice cream. Other than that, I've been able to eat whatever else. Certain days, I can't stand the thought of certain foods or smells though!
  • cheese curls..cheese puffs ;)

my husband also gets frustrated with trying to plan meals, especially meals i used to love and now can't eat like sausage.  the worst part is sometimes i don't know that i don't want to eat it until it's on my plate! all i can do is tell him sorry!  i'm 15 weeks and not craving too much like i was in the 1st trimester..still having the aversions, though*

• ktedmonktedmon member
    I am almost 15 weeks and just starting to get my appetite back. I can't say that I crave carbs because I did prepregnancy too. I'm also craving lots of fruit. I thought I would be a junk food junkie as I usually like candy, and other sweets and potato chips, but that hasn't been the case.
  • Wow me too chicken , veggies and meat! Yucky!

• I'm currently loving fruits, veggies, and Hunan Kung Pao! that the only way I will eat chicken!

I'm disliking junk food.. Which I used to love! So I am pretty thankful it went that way instead of hating fruits and veggies! I find though that I have to drink boost or ensure with added protein in order to get any protein as meats are disgusting to me right now!
  • Cravings: Grapefruit, doughnuts, banana peppers.

Aversions: Most meat.

• Most people's cravings seem to be following a trend, a lot of you are saying you crave dairy and avoid greens.  Could be some nutrient we need this week!

My cravings: milk&cereal, yogurt, cheese, fruit, bread&butter, peanut butter toast

My aversions:  pieces of meat (I can handle ground meats but not too much), tomatoes, tomato sauce, anything too salty, and sometimes I can't stand eating what I THOUGHT I wanted for dinner, which frustrates my husband but only a little, he's a very sweet guy.

• I felt this way briefly during weeks 11&12, but I"m back to cheese and fruit now.
  • You sound like me and how I am with cheese; however I can't get enough of cheese pizza. Not just any pizza but the super cheap pizzas that are 1.
  • I now can't stand squash or zucchini and Mexican food. before these were my faves but I love cheese pizza now
  • I used to crave sandwiches like nobody's business. I couldn't get enough. Now I find I want steak and rice all the time. Salads and veggies are kind of hit or miss with me these days, but I've been trying to get them in with V8 or something similar.
  • cravings: spaghetti and meatballs which i previously HATED 

aversions: everything spicy, toast and potatoes.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Cravings:

sour things like salt and vinegar chips, jalapeos, mustard, pickles,etc.
    I eat a TON of fruit, pretty much any kind
    Dinner salads with barbecued meat and homemade dressings so good!
    Subways chocolate chip cookies trouble
    and pretty much everything about taco salad cheese, salsa, sour cream... It's all so good :

Aversions not as strong as the first trimester

garlic aversion is wearing off but was REALLY strong at the beginning!
    aversion to refined sugar of any sort is also wearing off unfortunately but I still don't like sweets as much as before I got pregnant
    don't really go for refined grains, but maybe that's just because I want to avoid constipation like the plague :
  • Cravings: Lucky Charms, Fruit Snacks, Ham, Tomato, Extra Mayo sandwiches.
    Can't stand most meat, Chinese, chocolate, and many other things
    I actually started taking protein shakes after talking to my OB about feeling like I have not got enough protein she told me slim-fast or ensure where the best two to use.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"